need receiver & amp advice

Dabrowski

Hi,

I have a large room that I need to fill with lots of music, and occasional 6.1 home theater.

Can anybody give me advice on a good receiver AND and amplifier in the 150 watt per channel range to drive? I have Kplipsch KLF10's for my fronts.

The key here is that I want 6.1 AND lots of power, and I don't believe that can be done without buying mononblock amps? I'm not sure, so I need advice of you experts if this can even be hooked up.

Thanks,

Bob

Bob,

First of all...you may better ask this question in the home theater section, since you are wanting 6.1...and you don't NEED 150 watts per channel if you are gonna use Klipsch speakers...so reconsider your thinking to EFFICIENT SPEAKERS when you decide on your power needs. Just a thought!

Bob - Yeah, you'll get more info posting in the Home Theater section of the forum. But, in case you don't, if you are looking for a receiver, consider one of the high end models, like a Denon 5803 with 170wpc, if you want more power than you'll need.

Not sure if you are looking for separates (since you mentioned a receiver AND an amplifier, and most folks don't usually start out buying both -- I have a receiver and an amp because I added a 200x3 amp after I had the receiver for a while).

DD

----------------

On 1/26/2003 11:46:41 PM Audio Flynn wrote:

5.1 HT seems easy sometimes compared to 2.0.

So much tweaking and so little_______________.

Fill in the blank.
----------------

_____Money___

I would rather spend what little money I have(believe me it's not much) on making 2 speakers sound good instead of making 5 sound just ok.

Just my $0.02

Peace, Josh

I have a Pioneer Elite vsx47tx Hooked up to Def techs 94dbs sensetivity in a very large two story family room, which opens up to the kitchen. Very room filling, 160 watts of quality & warm amplification.

Tom

Not to mention it sounds pretty damn good in two channel with a good cd player (Musical Fidelity a3), did some experimenting this weekend.