buying ki-396

Heritage_Head

Just now, geoff. said:

The bottoms look like the tops!

(Another one of) the REALLY great things about this second version, the SMA-II, is the simple yet effective barrier strip terminal connections instead of Neutrik.

IMG_2420.jpeg

Thanks! So speaker terminals are the like old Heritage? I was squinting trying to see in the picture on the website….Can you take a picture of the terminals? 

They’re BETTER than the old Heritage!

There is a bevelled plate under each screw, so you could just twist the wire and insert it under the plate and screw it down. No clockwise loop, lol.

I would have soldered the ends if I didn’t already have (a box of) spaded terminations lying around.

IMG_2423.jpeg

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, geoff. said:

There is a bevelled plate under each screw, so you could just twist the wire and insert it under the plate and screw it down. No clockwise loop, lol.

I would have soldered the ends if I didn’t already have (a box of) spaded terminations lying around.

IMG_2423.jpeg

Nice…. I’ll use these probably 

16 minutes ago, geoff. said:

IMG_2423.jpeg

lol…. I have been wondering if they raised up? 34” isn’t that tall. 

Just now, OO1 said:

yes , and  I  like raw birch  cause  birch wood grain varies  , and each  pair of speakers is unique  ,

It’s funny, even though he was talking me out of it I was still close to actually still saying  “nope I still want the raw birch” lol… but then I kind of wimped out and went with the sure thing 😊

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Heritage_Head said:

It’s funny, even though he was talking me out of it I was still close to actually still saying  “nope I still want the raw birch” lol… but then I kind of wimped out and went with the sure thing 😊

.it takes a lot more skill + attention to detail  to make a  perfect pair of raw birch speakers , since the finish must be flawless , the speakers are literally a work of art 

• Thanks 1

Just now, OO1 said:

.it takes a lot more skill + attention to detail  to make a  perfect pair of raw birch speakers , since the finish must be flawless , the speakers are literally a work of art 

The way Cory made it sound they don’t do any what you just described with these. In fact, the exact opposite. I have nothing to go by other than what he told me, so I’m not arguing one side or the other, of course.