Qustion for RSW-15 owners.

cdsang

I should be getting my RSW-15 this week(last week of jan) and was wondering what problems you had(if any) of unpacking it and moveing it. I am not to strong and I will be moving this thing on my own. Getting it home won't be a problem. Its getting from the truck to my room. I was thinking of pushing the box on the floor and lift one side when nessary. Would this damage anything? The only plan I came up with uppacking is put it on the side and pull it out and put it on its feet when its out. Any ideas or what you did would did would be nice. Thank you in advance.

The sub is difficult to move due to the awkward size. I used my neighbor's kids wagon. I placed a sheet of plywood on the top of the wagon then placed a blanket over it and bungie cord the heck out of it.

Moving speakers should not be a one person ordeal. In my case and from the sounds of it yours too it is. I went to wal mart and bought a hand truck for less than $30, a cheapo blanket to prevent scratches and some bungie cords so the speaker stays on the cart. for tower speakers use more than 1 cord.

Good luck

Scott

what I did was, slid it accross the floor in the box it came in, than cut it out of the box after I had it where I wanted it. than just slid the remaining cardboard outfrom underneath it. seemed to be the easiest way to do it for me. I think you'd be hard pressed to find someone that could just pick it up and walk around with it.

YOU WEAKLINGS!

LOL

I just took the damn box to the truck,then took the damn thing by myself to the building elevator and then home sweet home.

The sub weighs only around 80lbs,yes the box is on the larger side.Far from large,the HGS18 starts to get large.Anyway the only sub that gave me problems is the Aerial SW12,at 140lbs its not light.

Not to brag but I can take the ATI 2505 by the handles and lift the thing like training weights a few times over my head(the ATI 2505 weighs just over 100lbs).

Get in shape and you will not complain,hey I move the Krell FPB600 myself.No sliding here.

3.gif

SuperEar sez do some weight lifting and a set of 40 pushups each morning.

The RSW15 is very easy to unpack,open the box.Turn the box ,and just remove the box from the sub.Then be very careful not to damage the finish or the active/passive cone.Slide the foam pieces.

Better do this on a carpet.If possible