Custom Khorns with Stephens components?

AndyKubicki

Yes, the Stephen's Trusonic 103LX2 were a factory option during the 50's. Factory option that is for the woofer. The 'K-horn' in the e-bay picture however depicts (if I'm not mistaken and certainly I could be) a Stephen's Trusonic MIDRANGE driver and a non-klipsch looking wooden straight horn. Klipsch K-horns of the 'Stephen's option' era were equipped with University SAHF mid-drivers and a wooden/fiberglass curved horn.

I would be leary of these. The seller does not specifically state that the units were Klipsch Factory Custom, rather just 'custom'. I smell something fishy.........

Nice cabinets though.

----------------

On 1/27/2003 5:17:28 PM edwardre wrote:

Yes, the Stephen's Trusonic 103LX2 were a factory option during the 50's. Factory option that is for the woofer. The 'K-horn' in the e-bay picture however depicts (if I'm not mistaken and certainly I could be) a Stephen's Trusonic MIDRANGE driver and a non-klipsch looking wooden straight horn. Klipsch K-horns of the 'Stephen's option' era were equipped with University SAHF mid-drivers and a wooden/fiberglass curved horn.

I would be leary of these. The seller does not specifically state that the units were Klipsch Factory Custom, rather just 'custom'. I smell something fishy.........

Nice cabinets though.

----------------

Hi ED

i asked the same question in another post

somewhere here re: integrity of this sale.

When did the corner horn go 3 way?

In other words what yr do you remember?

The more i read your post here,. the more I

realize i might be wrong.

Which was the point i was trying to point out

in the other post,.is that the seller is saying that the version he is selling is a 3

way ,but he is also pointing out that the factory "standard" klipschorn is a 2 way

I know that it WAS a 2 way untill PWK realized that recordings were becoming extended in range enough that warranted a

tweeter unit , because the k/400 just couldn't

make it all the way up to those high notes!

I could be wrong on all of this,. but i thought the seller was mistaken in saying his

was supperior to the 2 way of the day.

maybe it is ...

OH well..would be interested to know

I could be wrong in all of this

nice cabinet though.

thanks Ed

Rob

Khorns were could be ordered in parts back in the 50,s.

so maybe the bass cab is the real thing. Khorns were two way only in the first few (if it all) as buy 1950 the were all three way.

I have a very old (1951) khorn with all orig drivers.Its three way and is just over the 100th made.

The drives in it are Jensen 15 bass , university mid and twetter.

later klipsch did use the trusonic as the bass driver, some say it the best one to have.

I have a trusonic in a 58 thats nice but the Jensen in the 51 sounds better to me.

Jim