Upgrade worth it Ref IV RF-82 -> RP-8000f II

Still_A_Kid

Hello!  

Curious on anyone's input that has first hand experience with both lines.  I currently have the Klipsch RF-82 powering my front stage.  Matching Reference Center channel as well.  I have had this stage for a while now.  I'm contemplating the new RP-8000f II as I can get the left and right for about 40% off right now.  Will I notice a big change between these two models or is the difference negligible?

Thank you,

Jeff

On 11/6/2023 at 10:10 AM, Still_A_Kid said:

Hello!   Will I notice a big change between these two models or is the difference negligible?

Thank you,

Jeff

big change , no ,  but the  reduced price is a bargain for such quality speakers   

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dimanata2007 said:

Based on what do you expect to hear big difference? Based on specs 33Hz-23kHz ± 3dB vs 35-25kHz +/- 3dB + bigger horns and CROSSOVER FREQUENCY 2000Hz vs 1630Hz I doubt you'll hear any difference... Yes, PR's are newer, but it's the same level of quality and technology, differences are very minimal.. 

You can't go specs alone the newest RP series have significantly better / higher quality horns, phase plugs and driver tech. Cabinets bifurcated and heavily braced crossovers are much improved as well. I would expect a much more refined, detailed accurate and smoother, more pleasing sound from the 8000 ii's than the older 82's. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jjptkd said:

You can't go specs alone the newest RP series have significantly better / higher quality horns, phase plugs and driver tech. Cabinets bifurcated and heavily braced crossovers are much improved as well. I would expect a much more refined, detailed accurate and smoother, more pleasing sound from the 8000 ii's than the older 82's. 

Yes, we can't go by the specs alone. 

And we all have seen this info at the RP-8000II products page :).

But will it make any noticeable difference? If you have a composers sensitive hearing and listening to classical music in FLAC - maybe.  

• Like 1

On 11/11/2023 at 9:41 AM, billybob said:

Wonder what the OP did. May always.

@Still_A_Kid

I got buried with work and lost track of all this tbh.  Some great feedback from everyone!

Fortunately still seeing some deals and will likely give em' a go.  Wife didn't like the Rubicon off roading so have some money to blow on my next favorite hobby haha.

• Like 2