Questions about RP-6000F II speakers

wimwagner

I currently use two Klipsch R-41M speakers from my front left and right speakers in my home theatre. I'm considering upgrading to the RP-6000F IIs, but have 2 questions. First, would they be a considerable upgrade to my 41Ms? And second, cam anyone tell me how much space in inche is between the bottom of the speaker and the bottom woofer? I'll likely need to have the one of the speakers behind my sub (an old Klipsch) and want to make sure I have enough clearance. 

Thank you in advance!

• Like 1

I'll be the contrarian.

I don't think the RP6000F IIs will be a considerable upgrade to your home theater.

You already have a subwoofer to handle the low frequencies your R-41Ms can't handle,

so there's no hole to be filled. The only benefit I see would be the ability to play louder.

If you're not exceeding the volume capabilities of your bookshelf speakers now, then

I can't see any benefit of purchasing the floorstanders.

Save your money.

41 minutes ago, Peter P. said:

I'll be the contrarian.

I don't think the RP6000F IIs will be a considerable upgrade to your home theater.

Save your money.

Hard to say without hearing both but looking at the specs the r-41's have a tiny 4" horn with a crappy aluminum driver with a 4" woofer-- The size of the voice should be considerably larger with the 6000 ii horn is almost 7" with a substantially higher quality lens, driver and phase plug tech plus dual 6.5 woofers they shouldn't even be close. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, wimwagner said:

I currently use two Klipsch R-41M speakers from my front left and right speakers in my home theatre. I'm considering upgrading to the RP-6000F IIs, but have 2 questions. First, would they be a considerable upgrade to my 41Ms?

As @Peter P. points out you already have a sub so you might consider just stepping up to the RP-600-II's at half the price of the 6000's you'd still be gaining all the benefits of the newest tech, increased driver and horn size plus you may be able to reuse your current stands or mounts.

https://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-Reference-RP-600M-II-Cerametallic/dp/B09V5NRNDJ/ref=pd_ci_mcx_di_int_sccai_cn_sccl_3_3/138-0986664-7708400?pd_rd_w=N1Z1S&content-id=amzn1.sym.751acc83-5c05-42d0-a15e-303622651e1e&pf_rd_p=751acc83-5c05-42d0-a15e-303622651e1e&pf_rd_r=KYGJ6BM9D09G12ZHT9PH&pd_rd_wg=FHvPM&pd_rd_r=84e0964b-cf22-4e23-b479-c468560263b9&pd_rd_i=B09V5NRNDJ&th=1

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Peter P. said:

You already have a subwoofer to handle the low frequencies your R-41Ms can't handle,

so there's no hole to be filled. The only benefit I see would be the ability to play louder.

If you're not exceeding the volume capabilities of your bookshelf speakers now, then

Of course we don't know all the specifics including what subwoofer is being used and room size, but moving from entry level small 4" bookshelf speakers to an upper tier pair of larger dual 6.5" floorstanders would have to yield noticeable improvements all around.

1 hour ago, jjptkd said:

you might consider just stepping up to the RP-600-II's at half the price of the 6000's you'd still be gaining all the benefits of the newest tech, increased driver and horn size plus you may be able to reuse your current stands or mounts.

Now this idea would be something to consider if you wanted to upgrade without breaking the bank.  Of course seamless subwoofer integration would be a must.

Bill

• Like 3

Thank you all for your feedback and advice. I decided that I'm going to pass on the 6000Fs. I'm leaning toward picking up a pair of the 600s though. I figure I could buy those, move the 41s to my surrounds (my current surround speakers are pretty bare bones), and have some money leftover to put toward movies.

• Like 3