Brand new The Sevens are The Zeros

Less than 3 hours listening time on my new Christmas gift and my Sevens are producing Zero sound. They power up and seem to be functioning in terms of connectivity to source and control via the Connect app, but no sound. I should have listened to the retailer that tried to steer me away from these and toward a traditional amp/speaker setup. I just thought this was the perfect solution for my morning room and didn’t want the additional clutter of an integrated amp. I love my Fortes and really wanted to stay with Klipsch for a 2-channel package in this space.

I have done the factory reset dance with no change. I refuse to go down the path of firmware update when these things are less than a week old. If that’s where Klipsch tech support sends me, they will simply go back to the retailer and I’ll start over with a Cambridge integrated amp and a pair of Pro-Ject Speaker Box 5 S2.

19 minutes ago, digital_throwback said:

they will simply go back to the retailer and I’ll start over with a Cambridge integrated amp and a pair of Pro-Ject Speaker Box 5 S2.

the RP-600M II would be a far better choice than Pro-Ject Speaker Box 5 S2 speakers   

12 minutes ago, OO1 said:

the RP-600M II would be a far better choice than Pro-Ject Speaker Box 5 S2 speakers   

Well, they don’t measure better or sound better, and they’re not built better, so “far better” is a reach, IMO. At this point, replacing with another Klipsch product would be rewarding Klipsch for my Sevens experience. Not happening. I would look at powered speakers from other brands first, as well.

Now, back on topic: looking forward to see what response I get from Tech Support.

2 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

So they worked then quit working?  What source(s) are you listening to?

Streaming Amazon Music from direct wired Ethernet on an iPad Pro into the speakers via USB. Cable, hub and iPad have all been verified on my other system. I also swapped in a MacBook Pro with the same results. Tried the Bluetooth input as well, although I never stream over Bluetooth. Same results.

• 2 weeks later...

The suggestion from Tech Support is the common feedback that I’ve seen many others with this problem get: download new firmware. Not only that, but with it came a statement that this will fix the problem and it will never happen again (in response to my query about how often will a new firmware patch be required).

Well, the new firmware update did nothing and now I’m waiting for the next response. Meanwhile, the packaging is ready to send them back to B&H, where I bought them. I have a 30 day return window, so if the next suggestion from Klipsch begins with “remove the back panel…”, Nope. They should have been right when they left the production floor.

I should have done my homework.

17 hours ago, digital_throwback said:

Nope. They should have been right when they left the production floor.

I should have done my homework.

If you expect everything you buy in your life to never have any issues, even when new, you’re going to have a miserable life.

On 12/30/2023 at 9:17 AM, digital_throwback said:

Well, they don’t measure better

Paper can't hear or measure anything, so I'm not sure why this is even a factor here.

The RP-600M's are fundamentally different in virtually every concept.  To be so dismissive when you even said yourself that an amp/speaker combo would have been better (because it would have been, that's true) - is astounding.  I feel for you on the Sevens, I really do - that's unfortunate.  But this take on the 600's is balkable at best.

On 1/9/2024 at 12:56 AM, wuzzzer said:

If you expect everything you buy in your life to never have any issues, even when new, you’re going to have a miserable life.

My experience (outside of this particular purchase) does not generally follow that. If you pay for a better product, you generally have fewer issues. I think the problem here is that I extended my perception of Klipsch quality beyond the Heritage line, possibly because Klipsch uses that exact correlation in their marketing for this product - “Heritage Inspired…”. Yep, I fell for it and I’m finding many others are in the same boat.

1 hour ago, digital_throwback said:

My experience (outside of this particular purchase) does not generally follow that. 

good , so leave it at that , send the product back , and stop the negative comments , there are thousands of happy clients using the Sevens , you just happen to have fallen on a DOA , it happens , end of story 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OO1 said:

there are thousands of happy clients using the Sevens , you just happen to have fallen on a DOA , it happens , end of story 

It's almost as if it's a mass produced product.

Waitaminute...

• Like 1

2 weeks into this with sporadic communication from tech support. After requesting the customer to update the firmware on their product less than a week old and assuring me that would fix it, tech support now wants me to break out my toolbox to fix their product…but, not yet: I should wait until they check to see if my brand new speakers are covered under warranty. Seriously.

And I just stumbled upon the JBL 4305P…

• 2 weeks later...