RF-7 crossover

I know this forum is filled with updated crossovers for this particular speaker. However, I am just wanting to replace what I already have because at the moment the upgraded crossovers are cost prohibitive. Is there anywhere that I can either send in mine for repair? Or is there anyone that is selling crossovers for this speaker or is there a crossover that I can buy that's equivalent?  Any help would be great. Thank you

7 hours ago, Remy65 said:

I know this forum is filled with updated crossovers for this particular speaker. However, I am just wanting to replace what I already have because at the moment the upgraded crossovers are cost prohibitive. Is there anywhere that I can either send in mine for repair? Or is there anyone that is selling crossovers for this speaker or is there a crossover that I can buy that's equivalent?  Any help would be great. Thank you

Why do you need new crossover? Thanks

• Like 1

5 hours ago, billybob said:

Why do you need new crossover? Thanks

Well, One of the reasons is that when I got these I knew they were mistreated. But it was such a good deal I thought I would get them and clean them up.  I just had no idea that they were going to be as bad as they are. And they are / were really bad.

The crossover on one had a dead mouse still knotted up inside.  So my guess is that it met with an untimely death and took out part of the crossover in the process.  The middle woofer and tweeter are still working. Just not the bottom one. I have not gone thru everything on the speakers yet but I will over this weekend.  Or at least as much as I can w/o breaking anything. Still trying to get the bottom woofer out.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Peter P. said:

I believe this forum member performs RF-7 crossover work. His contact info is in the link I provided.

You'll have to contact him for costs.

I did email him but he no longer works on this line of speakers:

I don’t really work on these anymore. I only work on Heritage networks.

Have you contacted Klipsch support to see if they might have a replacement?

But thanks for the reference. 

I will be contacting Klipsch sometime this week.

It’s not the crossover, because if it was, neither of your woofers would be working. So, it’s either damage to the driver, or your little buddy chewed through some wiring. 

Use a Torx bit #20 to remove the screws to the back plate. Inspect the network and the wiring. With a good flashlight, you can inspect the wiring through the rear. 

Same Torx bit for the woofer. Avoid power tools and take your time. Once you get the woofer out, put a meter to it. 

Funny thread, do some people actually not know there is only one “deang”? 

• Like 3

Update.

Finally was able to safe break the seals.  And as I was taking the speakers out I get hit by the smell from the mice that was in it.  That foam will certainly need to be replaced. So I am needing to source that as well. Then I will work on the exterior.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Deang said:

It’s not the crossover, because if it was, neither of your woofers would be working. So, it’s either damage to the driver, or your little buddy chewed through some wiring. 

Use a Torx bit #20 to remove the screws to the back plate. Inspect the network and the wiring. With a good flashlight, you can inspect the wiring through the rear. 

Same Torx bit for the woofer. Avoid power tools and take your time. Once you get the woofer out, put a meter to it. 

Funny thread, do some people actually not know there is only one “deang”? 

I got the speakers out and the ohm out to the following:

Tweeter - 6.5

Top woofer - 6.7

Bottom woofer - 6.9

I also did a 9v test on them and they did crackle a bit but the diaphragm did not move much.  I assume because the 9v battery I was using was not powerful enough.

I will be pulling out the crossover today and cleaning and inspecting it. I will update.

Thanks again deang and all who have advised me here.  I cannot tell you how much I appreciate your input!

• Like 1

I have yet to pull the crossover. But my cousin gave me the idea to put my leads directly to the speakers and they are all in fact working.  I will take a deeper dive into the crossover this week.

• Like 1