Rega Ania Cartridge

Klipsch104db

Installed a Rega Ania MC on a Rega P3 with a Rega Neo power supply. The rest of my gear. Klipsch 1990 La Scala, Quicksilver Horn Mono tube, Bottlehead Foreplay preamplifier tube, Vincent PHO 701 phono preamplifier, Klipsch SW ii 12 subwoofer. Was using Ortofon Blue 2m cartridge. Any thoughts on the Rega Ania MC cartridge?

Don't have any experience with that cartridge, but here's a good multi post discussion of the strengths and weaknesses of the rega tt/ania combo:

https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/hana-sl-cured-my-rega-ania-blues.782614/

I must say your "ancillary" equipment (LS, QS, Bottlehead, etc.) should go a long way to bringing out the best in any cartridge.

I dont have any experience with that cart... but my p5 with soundsmith Aida with solid ruby needle was sublime.

MUCH BETTER than my VPI classic II or my EAT C Sharp.

40269090273_c8ee094114_o.jpg

On 1/21/2024 at 3:50 PM, hanksjim1 said:

Don't have any experience with that cartridge, but here's a good multi post discussion of the strengths and weaknesses of the rega tt/ania combo:

https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/hana-sl-cured-my-rega-ania-blues.782614/

I must say your "ancillary" equipment (LS, QS, Bottlehead, etc.) should go a long way to bringing out the best in any cartridge.

I tried many different preamplifiers including NAD, Marantz, and even Mcintosh. Nothing comes close to the Bottlehead. Very simple design. I picked it up on my local Craigslist about 4 years ago for a couple hundred. The person I bought it from didn't build it but whoever did, did a superb job.

On 1/28/2024 at 12:06 PM, Klipsch104db said:

Nothing comes close to the Bottlehead

Believe it or not, that one also sounds fantastic with the old Shure V15 type IV too (no step up required; I also have had good luck with the Bottlehead Seduction phono stage)