LTB set of La Scala’s

Brian24

I live in Louisiana and am looking to buy a relatively new set of La Scala’s or an older set that’s been updated with a newer crossover/internals. Open to color/finish, set must be in working order. Willing to drive (within reason) to pick up. Need these to pair with my Heresy IV’s.

• Like 1

Admittedly I know nothing about the Belle’s. Are they the same internals as the La Scala just a different box design? 
How would they compare in sound? I haven’t ever been able to listen to a pair. 

15 hours ago, Brian24 said:

Admittedly I know nothing about the Belle’s. Are they the same internals as the La Scala just a different box design? 

the midrange horn of a Belle is smaller , you're better off with a Lascala , the mids horn of a Lascala  is 400Hz , the Belle mids horn is 500Hz because the speaker s not a deep  , therefore the horn had to be made shorter ,the quality sound will favor  the Lascala and btw , the LS shares the mids horn with the Top of the line Khorn 

7 hours ago, Brian24 said:

First, welcome to the forum.

As you know, good advice is free, and bad advice is costly. 
To make sure what is said will be of real help, there is a need to know the basic how, where, and why stuff. Simple info such as: the use (home theater, stereo (music), public address, just to p!ss off the neighbors, garage, etc); room size; have corners; married and do you want to stay married; budget; music you will be playing, etc. I started with the Heresy and I didn't slow down until I bought the MCM1900, which might be another reason I am not married, but I doubt it. 

In case you don't know, the Khorn are the ones to get for full-range sound, 'if' you have corners for them and a large enough room. The LaScala and Belle are, respectively, steps down from the Khorn and both are strengthened by adding a subwoofer. The Khorn and LaScala have the same size mid-horn and the Belle uses a slightly smaller one. In the period that all 3 were being built, they all three used the same woofers and tweeters. This is not a one-shoe-fits-all hobby. Some owners like to keep things stock while others want to add the 402 on top of their LaScala and use active crossovers.

A few reasons I suggested the Belle is that: The Belle sounds great. The Belle are, unquestionably, the prettiest speakers ever built. They don't come along for sale very often, especially at an affordable price. There is a fellow forum member who is selling a pair. I embedded a link in my first reply, in case it was missed >this is a link that will take you to that page where you can see them, their prices, and the backstory<

When I joined this forum, there were a lot more members who gave me great advice. Feel free to ask any questions you have. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

You would obstruct newlyweds from consummating their marriage on their wedding night. 
There are other speakers than the LaScala and different amps than a Yamaha. 

I know what they used to call that when I was in high school. But you certainly put it more, shall we say, delicately.....

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Brian24 said:

Unfortunately for you, it looks like the pair of Belle are sold pending pick up.  

• Like 1