best picture quality dvd..period

drptpcpe

Bruinsrme I see you have the 47ai Elite and have compared to others.

To everyone with their opinion,without regards to the dvd-a and superaudio wars, cd redbook playback or the chroma bug issues, which player (pioneer, denon, sony, etc...)gives the best picture, Color depth and detail would give the closest performance to HDTV?

Either film or video based.

andy

Andy,

I am very pleased with the performance of my DV 47ai. One reason for the 47ai purchase was the fire wire feature.

Having heard equally good things about the dv-45 and many good things about the high end sonys, you might consider those.

I can't speak about Rotel. Rotel is not available within a 40 mile radius and I did not want to drive into Boston again, if I was spending 20k the salesman might have given me the time of day.

I am impressed with the 49txi and 47ai performance. As written on some of your other posts check out www.docdvd.com for prices Josh will give you a great quote.

Regarding the Chroma bug; there are a number of experts starting to consider the bug as a problem with the dvd itself not the players. After watching well over 30 movies on the system I haven't noticed any major flaws,but then again I aint no xperk.

Hey I might be selling my stuff to pay for my funeral. I just ordered an SVS PC+ 2039 subwoofer think I can hide it from my wife?

I just ordered an SVS PC+ 2039 subwoofer think I can hide it from my wife?

Hey, Congrats, Scott!!! Just tell her it's stand for potted plants and drape some fabric over it. When it starts blowing around, tell her that's the root aeration system in action. 1.gif

Let us know how it works with your system!

Gordon

I might recommend looking for a Panasonic RP-82 or Denon DVD-1600, but have very good quality video. But, i would be tempted to get the Denon, since it usually has better build quality then panasonic (i'm not a big panasonic fan).

Until the studios stop *****ing and decide on a STANDARD digital video interconnect, i wouldn't waste my time looking for that "feature"

-Dave

PS: now that I have start to ***** about the damn studios/companies not deciding on a standard, my other recent pet pieve is that I think TVs should come with something akin to a PCI slot, in which you could insert a card which would be your cable box decoder. There is no real reason why we need a seperate box to decode the cable signal. I think it would make life much easier, but who am I?