Can't buy any Klipsch's now

lancestorm

I was planning for month's on finally getting my home theater rolling with a reference series purchase. That is on hold now as I just bought a brand new house yesterday!! I feel like I'm back at college (graduated from there in May 2002) because once again I will have absolutely no money left once the house is delivered in July 3.gif

yes, a big time congrats on the home! the home is more important than the HT...after all it is the first part of the word "Home Theater" so without a home, you can't have HT/2.gif

but this also means that you most likely won't be getting the HT system for awhile as unexpected/unplanned costs alway arise as a result of home ownership. homes seem to be able to sense when they are going to acquire a new master and cause things to break accordingly...how they know, i'm not sure.

At the risk of sounding like a parrot, congrats on the new house! As others have indicated, the HT will come later. Take it from somebody that has also bought a house. What I had when I first moved in was pretty pathetic and only now, seven years after buying the house, did I finally get up enough money to get the HT I really wanted. The house is most likely the biggest, most important purchase/investment you will ever make. Buying the house to me was much more exciting than any HT purchases I have ever made. It took me a good month after moving in to get over the fact that I am now in my own house! Not rented, not living in parents place or anyting like that - my own house! Even now, it is nice to think that this place is mine and nobody elses!

Again, congrats on the house and the HT will eventually come.

That's right, skonopa...home ownership is the ultimate! The maintenance can be a problem on an older home like mine (and your budget's tight), but I wouldn't move back into an apartment if you paid ME!

Congrats on being a new homeowner!

Thanks everyone for the warm wishes. It's actually going to be a new home and they have so many homes to build in the final phase that I will have to wait till July to move in. My money is going to be as tight as tight can be, as I only got out of college last year. Decided to live at home and save save save so that I could afford this instead of just jumping the gun and taking an apartment. I think it'll pay off!

mOOn, from here till July every dollar I can is going back to savings (cause the down payment took all of my savings away ha!), because you know how our tech industry is. Tomorrow might be the last day at wUrk for me! I want to have 3 months of backup money, but sadly, I don't think that would be enough ... grrr.

----------------

On 2/4/2003 8:20:49 AM lancestorm wrote:

Thanks everyone for the warm wishes. It's actually going to be a new home and they have so many homes to build in the final phase that I will have to wait till July to move in. My money is going to be as tight as tight can be, as I only got out of college last year. Decided to live at home and save save save so that I could afford this instead of just jumping the gun and taking an apartment. I think it'll pay off!

----------------

That is nice to be able to do that! I didn't have that luxury of staying at my parents house since when I got hired, I had to move from Columbus, OH to Fredericksburg, VA. I did have money saved up but not enough to get a house, so it was an apartment for about 2 1/2 years.

----------------

mOOn, from here till July every dollar I can is going back to savings (cause the down payment took all of my savings away ha!), because you know how our tech industry is. Tomorrow might be the last day at wUrk for me! I want to have 3 months of backup money, but sadly, I don't think that would be enough ... grrr.

----------------

That is a good idea to have money saved up like that. I am still certainly working on it, except that I am trying to get 6 months worth saved up. Fortuntatly, I am working on government defense contracts and it looks like this job is not going anywhere for quite some time. It will be ten years that I have been at this job as of march 1st and the long term planning shows at least another 50 years worth of work. Of course this is contingant that the government will continue to provide funding and all indications thus far says they will. Unfortanatly, there is always that possiblility and it does not hurt to be prepared.