RSW-15 not sounding right.

cdsang

For some reason, my sub seems to be very noticeable even if I cut it down to 40hz. Althought it sounds clean and definty plays loud enought for me, but the only thing is I notice it. I tried the phase switch(helped some), crossover or no crossover(very little help), and lowering the volume(Better but towers have more bass on large then my sub this way.) I have it about 6 inches from the back wall, 3 inches from my right RF-3II and maybe 2 inches from my beds right um foot. Also my room is ll by 10 feet. Also there is a shelf about 3 iches above it. Not much is on it and I don't play my music that loud that often. Also as ears said, the RSWs get better after time. I may have to wear it in first, but I am not sure on this. Any suggestiongs? Any help would be wonderfull. Thank you in advance.

Bascily my thoughts were low loud bass without it being noticeable about the direction which it come from. I understand its um if you use this word overkill for my RF-3IIs so I figured I can just simply turn it down and ajust whats needed. Although I admit I like its effortless bass. Sounds smoother then my RF-3IIs as if it play the note without haveing to goto its bottom end try to to play it. I do admit its more bass then I'll ever need and goes plenty low(for my ears). So what should I actually expect then? Or should I just simply move it, which really, I don't have many spots I can put it in.

I think you just weren't expecting as much power. I don't see why you can't just turn it down a little bit more. With my RF-5's I don't have a problem with it at all, though I'm still trying to figure out the best settings as the RF-5's have alot more bass than the SF-2's did.

Well set up the RSW15 disapears in the system,blending very well thank you.Your gain on the RSW15 is too high,lower until it blends well,any SVS,Aerial,Sunfire or other powerful sub can overpower and intrude.The secret is in balancing the sub with the mains.

Set the large knob on the side to 12 oclock,then the sub level in the pre/pro to -12dB and work up from there.Also set the mains to small and the sub crossover to its high point.The receiver x over should do its job.

Then using music you know with plenty of bass match the sub to the mains(gain here).

Unless your room has nasty peaks you should be able to balance things to a proper level.

The RSW subs are very clean and tight.No sludge or nasty boom that plagues almost all ported cheapo subs here.

Take you time and you'll get it right 1.gif

I suspect that the room dimensions have a bearing on the sub being so noticable. I am no expert, and maybe someone else can fill you in, but from my knowledge, having room dimensions that are the same, or multiples of each other can tend to exaggerate certain frequencies. ( Possibly lower than the tuning point of the RF3II's ) If this is indeed the case, you are in need of some serious help to get the response smoothed out. You may need to change room dimensions ( if possible ) or add acoustical products like blade tiles or a few bass traps.

Mr. Hurd is on to something. You most likely are hearing the very uneven response that results from room reinforcement modes. Best thing to do is try moving the sub to another location, even if it is not a location you could use permanently. This will show you if room modes are the culpret. That sub is very close to the back wall. Try several different locations.

Mr. Hurd is on to something. You most likely are hearing the very uneven response that results from room reinforcement modes. Best thing to do is try moving the sub to another location, even if it is not a location you could use permanently. This will show you if room modes are the culpret. That sub is very close to the back wall. Try several different locations.