Room size and speaker choice

Abomb

Posted (edited)

Great news everyone. I just pulled the trigger. Two Heresy IV's in Black Ash being prepared for shipment!!! Thank you everyone for all of the great info!

Edited by Abomb
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, Abomb said:

Great news everyone. I just pulled the trigger. Two Heresy IV's

Congrats, all that I've read about those says they're great!

I had so much fun with my H2's over the years. With their size and output, placement positions are almost endless. You'll probably spend months messing with them to hear different nuances to you favorite recordings.

Just start with the manual's advice and go from there. If you have 1/4 or thicker wood walls that will be awesome. Try corners on the floor, adjusting differences between the back and side walls.

Obstructions Matter!

etc...

& you just stepped into our rabbit hole with your eyes wide open B)

12 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Congrats, all that I've read about those says they're great!

I had so much fun with my H2's over the years. With their size and output, placement positions are almost endless. You'll probably spend months messing with them to hear different nuances to you favorite recordings.

Just start with the manual's advice and go from there. If you have 1/4 or thicker wood walls that will be awesome. Try corners on the floor, adjusting differences between the back and side walls.

Obstructions Matter!

etc...

& you just stepped into our rabbit hole with your eyes wide open B)

Well I have heard Klipsch Heritage speakers before. Like I mentioned. Mom and Dad still have their Heresy's that they purchased in the 80's. I'm certainly going to try to keep the room as open as possible. I'm curious how the stucco walls will effect the sound quality. I'm hoping that it will help and not hurt. I'll try to keep everyone posted as to how things are working out. Rabbit hole away....Geronimo!!!!

• Haha 1

Good question about the stucco.

I've got plaster walls in my new place but not my stereo and don't count my RP-600M2s.

I'm positive about the wood though, the place I grew up in had pine walls in the big room and my Klipsch sang in there like no other place they had ever been! Could have been the vaulted 17' ceiling also not sure.

4 hours ago, JohnJ said:

I've got plaster walls in my new place but not my stereo and don't count my RP-600M2s.

I'm positive about the wood though, the place I grew up in had pine walls in the big room and my Klipsch sang in there like no other place they had ever been! Could have been the vaulted 17' ceiling also not sure.

I don't quite have 17ft ceilings. Mine runs about 8ft up to about 14ft. I originally posted 13ft but I re-measured. The floors are hardwood though we do have a couple of large area rugs. The only immovable object is the giant stand alone wood stove against one of the side walls. It stands on about a tons worth of real bricks that also follows the stovepipe up to the ceiling. It's literally at least 2000lbs worth. I guess bricks are hard enough to reflect sound. So I'll see and hear, and then I will know. I'm just hoping I'll be home in time to sign for the delivery. 

• Like 1

On 3/11/2024 at 12:41 PM, JohnJ said:

I don't quite have 17ft ceilings. Mine runs about 8ft up to about 14ft. I originally posted 13ft but I re-measured. The floors are hardwood though we do have a couple of large area rugs. The only immovable object is the giant stand alone wood stove against one of the side walls. It stands on about a tons worth of real bricks that also follows the stovepipe up to the ceiling. It's literally at least 2000lbs worth. I guess bricks are hard enough to reflect sound. So I'll see and hear, and then I will know. I'm just hoping I'll be home in time to sign for the delivery. 

So far so good. I know that there is a break in period but they still sound phenomenal. I know that most Audiophiles frown on this but I just ordered a Schiit Loki Mini+. I've been a drummer most of my life and the high end sometimes needs a little boost. I figured the way that the Audiophiles roll  their  tubes etc...it's almost like using an eq to fit your taste anyway. Like I said...this is just to boost the high frequencies on the recordings that need them for my crappy hearing. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

& look at that a drummer with Neil Pert's band as his logo.

Strive for that highest Pert peak!

I was fortunate enough to meet him twice. As long as you didn't act like a fan...he was really great to talk to.

• Thanks 1

As mentioned previously. I have been very fortunate. I was actually able to take lessons with Joe Morello for eight years. My Father was a Studio musician for Capital records at one point.

• Like 1