HornEDctomy Complete

redtop

Well HornED fans, I got it done. Converted the KG3.5 Floorstanding to a center. Picture attached....

I am VERY pleased with the results and would recommend it to anyone with an interest in a "seamless" sound across the front of your HT. To my ear it really added a lot of detail and made the "sweet spot" much larger. It is well worth the effort!

Kudos to HornED who encouraged this project and offered patient support to me, a newbie to speaker re-construction. And thanks to all who answered my questions as I approached this project with fear and trepidation....1.gif

How's that song go? "Heaven, I'm in Heaven......."

Brad

post-10757-13819246450578_thumb.jpg

When I went from a KV-4 to a La Scala the difference was astounding! The front sound is seamless and with tons of power reserves the dynamics are amazing. The DBX BX-1 while being a very powerful amplifier rated @ 400W per channel runs Class A up to about 30 watts or more and I can assure you that it never even reaches that level. What a difference when the speakers are timbre matched as closely as possible. The LWE-I's that I use use the same drivers as the Cornwall minus the horn midrange and there efficiency is around 96-98db @ 1W@1M so the front effects speakers blend in very nicely as well. Congrats on a job well done, it looks very nice! 1.gif

----------------

On 2/6/2003 2:16:35 PM redtop wrote:

Well HornED fans, I got it done. Converted the KG3.5 Floorstanding to a center. Picture attached....

I am
VERY
pleased with the results and would recommend it to anyone with an interest in a "seamless" sound across the front of your HT. To my ear it really added a lot of detail and made the "sweet spot" much larger. It is well worth the effort!

Kudos to HornED who encouraged this project and offered patient support to me, a newbie to speaker re-construction. And thanks to all who answered my questions as I approached this project with fear and trepidation....
1.gif

How's that song go? "Heaven, I'm in Heaven......."

Brad

----------------

FanTasTic, Brad!!!!!

After following the threads on this, my intentions are to HornEd an RF-7. The logic for this seems sound, and with a guy like HornEd advocating it, what could go wrong? 1.gif Glad to see how nice your conversion looked and hear how great it sounds!

Gordon

HonrnEd center wannabee