Pictures

leok

Software and photo challenged. But here are three (well, 1 per post). The first is the entire system. Second is closer of electronics. and third is a shot, from orbit, of one Moondog. Mostly I wanted to show the single 6SN7 and input placement. The TJ Meshplate is new today. I think it sounds good and dynamic. I think it might be a little harsh with C5 in place, but I've removed C5.

leok

post-2879-13819246474536_thumb.jpg

Looks like a nice set up Leo !

Do you live in California ?

What's beyond those doors ?

I suspect that Cameron Diaz is on the other side of your doors desparately hoping that I will appear but the poor dear will unfortunately have to settle for any other one she lusts for from the remaining 99.99999999% of the world's sentient males. She does whine and whimper betimes ....... Lord Knows but I am simply not available. I do worry about the lass sometimes.

She really is lovely but........

Nice Leo, and nice home too.

Now, I can tell you that Leo is a tweakmeister, and I can guarantee you he spent countless hours contemplating the proper stand for the Moodogs. First, know that wicker has sound absorbtion properties which properly damp unwanted resonances from attacking amps, and secondly, notice the mass loading beneath the amps. It is obvious that sound engineering principles were executed from looking at the elaborate formation of the loading.

I find it interesting that someone of Leo's intellectual prowess in this hobby would have no problem using a wicker magazine stand to support his Moondogs. Hey, stability is stability. What is sad is that you have people out there who spend as much on isolation platforms as most of us spend on our systems.

Thanks for the encouraging comments, esp about the house. I worry that it's a bit rough. My wife, who is remarkably tolerant of this hobby, enjoys the remarks. I reminded her that I owe it to her that I've gotten back into tube amps. She gave me the Heath W5Ms, that are now the pp homebrews, for Christmas 2 years ago. She denied everything. Maybe she's having second thoughts.

Wicker tube amp stands are hard to find, and as Dean points out, to properly tune. The speaker wire follows a threshold below the doors. Beyond the doors is a greenhouse filled with wood for the stove. Beyond that is the first normal New England winter in several years. I'm originally from Buffalo NY and expect such a view more often than not.

leok

leok,

The album cover on the front of the pile in the closup of the moondogs looks very familiar but I can't put my finger on it.

Perhaps you could enlighten me.

I want to say that it looks like the Paul Clark and Friends album but I could be wrong.

I may just be imagining things but I swear I've seen that before.

Peace, Josh

Looks good, Leo. Did you try the ultrapath connection on that cathode by-pass cap yet?

Erik

And, just out of curiosity, what voltage are you running on the 6SN7 plate -- are just just using the second stage as is? Like the computer dummy I often am, I accidentally deleted the schematic you sent to me. I wish I hadn't, because I looked for it this weekend!

Take care!

prodj101,

An RF-7 foot broke. I didn't replace it because it looked to me like the rest of them would probably do the same thing. Maybe not, but now I have felt pads on the bottoms.

Erik,

I haven't done the ultrapath mod. The arrival of the meshplates stopped me. I still don't know what to make of them. They sure are great with string quartets. Vocals are split with the RCAs. I'll probably do the Ultrapath next weekend. It won't take any time to do and then I can let it burn in for a while.

6SN7s are wired stock. I'll send another schematic, but the only real change was alternate wiring for the first 6SN7 stage. I left the second stage exactly as it was and wired the first stage to the other side.

leok