Klipsch RP-8000F II or Heresy III for music?

Hy everyone!

Actually, I was planning on getting new RP-8000F II. But now I have the opportunity to get a pair of used but very well-maintained Heresy III. I use the speakers for 95% of music like metal, rock, punk, blues, etc., mainly on vinyl. I'm having some doubts since I was planning on buying new speakers, but I've heard so much about the legendary sound of the Heresy, is it really worth it?

I have one more question regarding the bass reproduction. I've also heard that the Heresy III has weak bass, is that really the case? Due to the sealed construction, is there an advantage with the Heresy to position the speakers closer to the rear wall without having issues with muddy bass reproduction, as often occurs with bass reflex speakers?

Thanks a lot!

Is the legendary sound of the Klipsch Heresy worth it ? Yes , but it’s not so easy , because  the RP 8000’s are also a very capable and beautiful sounding speaker . It  comes down to personal preference and  maybe how much you value deep bass. A lot of people don’t like the early bass cutoff on the Heresy , I don’t mind it so much  , but many will prefer the deep low end of the RP’s . I find the Heresy to be slightly warmer and the RP slightly more detailed, both are  truly excellent. Welcome to the forum 🤓

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Tom05 said:

... It  comes down to personal preference and  maybe how much you value deep bass. A lot of people don’t like the early bass cutoff on the Heresy ...

Agreed. From the music you describe listening to, here's what I would do:

Buy the RP8000s if you want an all-in-one package of an outstanding speaker with low end reach. Since you mentioned rear wall mounting and muddy bass, note that the manual does not recommend any specific placement distance from the rear wall, despite the rear facing port. At 18" deep, they will project out into the room a considerable distance once you accommodate the rear port. If your room can fit them, go for it.

If the Heresies are being offered at an attractive price and, if you add a subwoofer, are still under the price of the new RP8000s, then I would get the Heresies. They are more compact than the RP8000s and more flexible in placement because of the sealed box. I feel they need a subwoofer; I added one to my Heresies. Once you add a subwoofer, you'll realize what you were missing and you won't regret the decision.

Edit: It's not that the Heresy has weak bass. The bass is accurate; it's just that it doesn't play LOW. I've had 8" bookshelf speakers that play lower than the Heresy. It kept reminding me of the saying, "Where's the beef?"!

• Like 2

This is not a speaker battel but, speaker implementation to fix the main listener. The things with wanting the main to go low makes no sense in a system with a subwoofer.  Figure out out how to fix a particular speaker to the room. It may not be easy but,  if the room is a problems, changing speakers is not the best way to fix a problem.  People still stuff ports for bass control in smaller or square rooms,