I have a Heresy II that has been stored in a large metal box for 15 years. I use a Unison Research Unico P Amp

and prior to hooking it up I want to know if I should maintain it, I also noticed one of the pins at the back broken, any idea how and what to do 

IMG_4553.jpeg

Edited by Aladdino
  • Like 1

Welcome to the forums.

Do you mean one of the binding posts used to attach the speaker wire is broken? The Heresy II crossover came mounted to the rear terminal plate. The earliest had a round cup, while the later ones were rectangular.

20240130_1729403.thumb.jpg.ec63851ab7574b5c9fba7bdb9b716a91.jpg

I removed the woofer first. Lay the cabinet on it's back when you remove the screws, it's heavy. You have to remove the connections from the woofer, tweeter and mid driver. Make sure you mark the connections. And take pictures.

I used a cheap red fingernail polish when I removed mine to replace the caps.

You will need a good solder sucker as well. You have to remove the 3 screws that mount the printed circuit board to the cup. Then remove the solder where the binding posts poke through the circuit board. (Red Arrows) It was a pain to do this as a small jumper from the post to the board kept falling out when the solder was heated up

HII_crossover.jpg

20240229_203639~3.jpg

20240229_202917.jpg

• Like 1