Hsu Research subs

tgw323

Russ -

Great attachment. Still giggling...

James -

Just to prove Russ's point (I may be retarded, but this is too much fun) and to do something I have rarely done - rejoin a conversation that I had committed formally to not do, here is my rebuttal to your comments on my message.

Please read my response carefully. I did not comment on the respective performances of the VTF 2 vs. the VTF 3. Regardless of your over the top comparison (2 VTF 2 vs 1 VTF 3 - just what is the point you are trying to make?), I want to make it clear (I thought it was before) that the VTF 3 is a better performer than the VTF 2 for several reasons that you probably can't fathom. My point was (and is) that the VTF 2, in its price range, is (in my listening experience) right there with the best and exceeds many higher priced, similarly speced speakers. That is an outstanding bargain, and if the specs and sounds meet your needs it should be a standard for comparison.

In the price range and respective specifications (and the sound that I hear) for a VTF 3 the same does not hold true. At the VTF 3 price range there are many more comparable options - and again in my humble opinion (geez - it is tiresome that I have to repeat this) it is not the comparative value of several others - specifically several SVS units (fanboy - darn straight, I spent quite some time developing my experience based biases and I'll not likely let your evangelistic physics change what I have heard)

Wow - Russ, just so you know, the spirit of the competing is the reward for our retardation. I am really out of here this time...

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr. Watkins did an excellent job of explaining what is also my position. Don't know where you got the idea we where saying the VTF3 wasn't better than the VTF2.

I'll also add I don't share the Ear's opinion (a little abrasive and over the top in the claims in my opinion). Hsu does not use sub standard parts or construction and makes an excellent product. Comparing the VTF3 to a PC+ is like comparing a PCi to a PC+. All use excellent parts and construction, one is just a little more capable. Arguing the Hsu finish is ugly is like arguing the SVS finish it ugly (espcecially since the new SVS box subs are using the same style finish as Hsu). They are basic, understated and durable. I do believe Hsu is coming out with a much more attractive version with some nice wood detailing soon though. And in the Aerial price range SVS has some very nice wood finishes as well.

Looks like the BS continues from the usual suspects 3.gif

fanboy above, Hsu build quality is at least the equal of SVS, no question about it. lmao. If you look at the 12 inch driver on the Hsu's, they are very substantial and comparable to the PC+ driver. And it don't take a physicist to figure that out. I can see how a fanboy will not believe it though, that is how fanboy's act.

hwatkins - you are full of BS. Have you compared other 764 dollar subs against the VTF-3, next to each other? I don't think so, fanboy. Your opinion is seriously in doubt. You are impressed by a VTF-2, the VTF-3 should floor you. Anything less don't make no sense unless you are using a clock radio to drive a VTF-3. lmao

Oh the VTF-3 easily competes with PC+. You can either believe a couple people who have no real experience with a VTF-3 or PC+, or you can believe people who own both and say they easily compare to each other.

The VTF-3 is arguably the best package in it's price range, no matter what the fanboys of SVS say. Unquestionably.

james,

as a newbie here...you obviously have no idea who you're talking to...

the ears has more sub experience in his left ear than you a your friend put together...do some more reading on this forum and maybe you'll learn something...

hsu makes a good product...svs makes a good product....but really a sunfire will blow them both away

russ

Current HSU subs are so superior they even come in GORGEOUS finishes and the "rumored" High-End sub to end all others has to cost $80000!And its a paper product.

HSU woofers beat TC Sounds and Adire's best easy.As easy as 1,2 and three.

N'est ce pas James PeeWee

James -

Trouble with reading? (You clearly have trouble with grammer) I have auditioned respective manufacturer's units (and a few others in the same price range as the VTF 3).

And you have heard what? (I know you have heard other's opinions, but how about subwoofers?)

Say hello to Bob for me....

So James Pheeeleee(you read it PeeWee)

You can cover your beloved HSU in bird eye maple and it still does not equal a Aerial SW12.A piece of poop covered in silver covering is not silver.

LOL

James PeeWee change your family name and maybe you will sell better.

Now buzz of PeeWee

hwatkins - your integrity is seriously in question here if you really liked the VTF-2 but were not blown away by the VTF-3. As a fanboy, your opinion counts squat as far as I am concerned.

EAR - you are making a fool of yourself. The Hsu looks awesome, and you know it. Oh yeah, you can get 4 of them for the price of a Aerial, lmfao. Just a thought, you really think that the wood VTF-3 subs have a wood covering outside of the regular black finish? LOL!!!!! That is a true rosewood cabinet, with piano black gloss endcap on top and bottom. Maybe Hsu can rename it as "SVS" or "Aerial" and then you would love it! 3.gif

Damn you boys are awesome!

#1 SVS 2039pc+ was $789.00 shipped! I think that compeats with anyone.

#2 HSU makes a great product and has done for a long time.

#3 You guys got into a p...sing contest rather than helping the poster.

#4 To many personal slams from some no matter how long they have been here or what they own.

#5 The special olympic pic was cold and in bad taste IMHO.

Other than that it has been fun reading for sure!

Regards,

Mike

Yeah Mike -

You are right. I should restrict my slams to private messages.

I reread the post - I started off in the correct way, but I wandered into having too much fun on something that was too far off topic. I really did keep most of my comments to myself, but I also made sure some of my words encouraged the continuation.

I definitely went too far in the subsequent post - We'll let it run out without me. It really was fun in spurts.

Most of all I am sorry about my comments on the special Olympic picture. I have been around long enough, and help with so many disadvantaged, that I should have known that folks would (rightly so) find the subject offensive.

Cheers all...

I know a guy I know a guy I know a guy I know a guy I know a guy I know a guy

BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS

fanboy fanboy fanboy fanboy fanboy fanboy fanboy fanboy fanboy fanboy fanboy

HSU HSU HSU HSU HSU HSU HSU HSU HSU HSU HSU HSU HSU HSU HSU

pee wee pee wee pee wee pee wee pee wee pee wee pee wee pee wee