pix of belle

jdm56

JDM, that is a beautiful setup indeed. The georgeous Belle in the center nook (was that specifically built for her?), flanked by Klipsch's best!

I can imagine it sounds as wonderful as it looks...like in '80 when a friend of our family showed us his 4 Khorns (one in each corner of his music room), each pair powered by 2 Carver M-500t power amps! I will never forget how that arrangement sounded, and i'll bet your system sounds just about the same!

Congrats on a having a wonderful panoramic room full of Klipsch sound! You must be proud! 16.gif

----------------

On 2/14/2003 1:56:35 PM jt1stcav wrote:

...Belle in the center nook (was that specifically built for her...----------------

jt,

yes, the nook was meant just for the belle. We finished the house in the fall of '99, so it's been over a three year wait to finally get her. I tried for over a year to find a used OOBK for sale, but nothing ever panned out. Then after finally knuckling under and deciding to buy a new one, production was halted, which began another year-plus of waiting for manufacturing of heritage speakers to start again. Then when production did start, it was a little over nine more months before she was finally delivered to the dealer.

On the positive side, Kief's A/V of Lawrence, KS did stick with the old, pre price increse sale price, so I basically got it for 1/2 of what one new belle klipsch lists for now.

Joe,

When I got the cornerhorns, I wasn't really thinking ahead that far. And then when we decided to build the house and I planned the music room, I did consider a third k-horn, but I figured it would be really hard to find a single that would be even close to a match, and with those, you need a good match on the grain, because there is so much wood on the front.; Not so with the belle. As it turned out, I could never even find a single belle in o/o, so I can't think I'd have found a klipschorn, either. Another negative to the third k-horn is that I would have had to make a much deeper nook in the front wall of the music room, which is only 16x18.5 now. I did not really consider false corners at that point, though If I were doing it again, I would definitely give that option some serious thought. I just wasn't far enopugh along in "klipschology" to consider it five years ago.

Sunnysal,

Hi again! The sound of the belle in my rig is still a work in progress. My passive decoder does not allow me to bring the level quite up to that of the cornerhorns, but it still does add some desirable center fill. I won't be able to really let her shine until I upgrade to a dplII receiver and SACD/DVD-A.

fwiw, I have run my Stereophile test CD's through her and the bass response in my room was deeper than I expected. Also, the response through the midrange was +/- 1.5db from 250hz to 2500hz! Not too shabby, eh? Actually a bit better than the cornerhorns, too. They come in +/- 2db over the same span of frequencies. Again, not too bad for "antiques"10.gif

Hey James -

Looks nice...very nice indeed! Having been on this forum for as long as I have, I remember all your "anguish" posts and a vent or two.2.gif

Couple of questions if you don't mind. Is your room just for music or do you plan for it to serve HT duty? Also, what are the dimensions of your room?

TIA

Tom Adams

Hi Tom,

Thank you, and yes, the room is being used for music only, although I did try to allow for the possibility of video at some point. Right now, my humble video rig is in the family room.

Having the belle set back in that little niche would permit a perforated screen in front, or else I could put the belle on the floor and do a "tabletop" rear projector above it. Either way, the niche keeps everything in the middle from sticking out so much that there might be a strong reflection off of it from the cornerhorns output.

The rooms dimensions are 18.5 x 16.0 x 8.67. A little on the small side for all that hornage, but I was kinda limited by the basement ceiling height (at least, if I wanted to keep the room modes fairly evenly distributed) and by other things we wanted to include in the basement (family room, playroom, guest bedr., bath, office and lots of closets). Ideally, I would rather have the music or HT room on the main level, so I could have a 10 or 12' ceiling, but that just didn't fit our budget. Ya do get a lot of bang for the buck with a full basement.