Looking at a pair of vintage La Scalas, what do I need to know?

More follow up, I just got off the phone with the folks at JEM performance. They still rebuild crossovers so I will send them mine and they can make sure everything is up to snuff. I can solder but this way they can inspect everything and replace / correct as needed.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, S391 said:

More follow up, I just got off the phone with the folks at JEM performance. They still rebuild crossovers so I will send them mine and they can make sure everything is up to snuff. I can solder but this way they can inspect everything and replace / correct as needed.

Not sure I could wait that long!

I just wanted to circle back and wrap up this thread. I ended up buy a set of Heresey II's from the original owner. While they are not La Scalas they will allow me to dip my toe into the Klipsch Heritage pool and get my feet wet, so to speak.

Thank you once again for all of the info and advice.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, S391 said:

I just wanted to circle back and wrap up this thread. I ended up buy a set of Heresey II's from the original owner. While they are not La Scalas they will allow me to dip my toe into the Klipsch Heritage pool and get my feet wet, so to speak.

Thank you once again for all of the info and advice.

Heresys are no slouch.  I started with a pair and now have five of them in my home theater.  Paired with really nice subwoofers they’re hard to beat.

• Like 2