So now that Klipsch is going to Best Buy........

shoe11

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is coming from a klipsch loyalist, so i hope someone at klipsch sees this:

it seems to me a mistake for klipsch to adjust its strategy. although best buy is a logical partner for the synergy series, the reference series will be lost. hi fi buys (tweeter) is a mid fi store or wannabe hi fi store. the true high end audio stores will NEVER accept the reference series as hi fi. maybe the khorns, la scala, heresy, fortes, etc., but NEVER the reference series! i believe the reference series to be the absolute BEST BUY of all speakers I have heard for the money. i considered many options prior to my purchase (jamo, martin logan, monitor audio, vandersteen, b&w, m&k, magnepan, etc.), but the reference series can be had for a fraction of the price. Plus because of the effiency rating, i can power my system with an acurus a125x5!!! there is no need for a 500 wpc amp. although i believe i made an informed decision, i can tell you i will be laughed at next time i go to my hi fi store. these hi fi stores have been bashing klipsch for too long. they will lose credibility with their customers if they promote klipsch.

"I go to my local retailer ,but only to hear equipment, I only buy off the internet.....my one sale won't make him go out of buisness', it's really the manufacturers fault for not cracking down on the grey-market/trans-shippers."

I'm sorry to say this, but you are a BIG part of the "problem". Your one sale is like your one vote. It most certainly DOES make a difference. Just as saying anything else you do individually has no impact on the larger scheme of things; shoplifting, doing good deeds, running red lights, contributing time and money to charity. Klipsch can do anything we like about grey market sources and trans-shippers, but as long as people continue to support them, they'll find a way to circumvent the orderly system - at the expense of both the consumer and the manufacturer.

You can try to convince yourself of this logic, but it does not fly.

Sound Advice has always supported the Klipsch Brand Strategy, including top down selling and supporting a wide range of premium high performance Klipsch traditional enclosure, architectural and outdoor speaker products.

Sound Advice was specifically left off of the recent press releases because of their longtime supportive relationship.

We have had conversations about the viability of a Florida-ONLY strategy, but I certainly would not say for a fact that this will happen.

We are most interested in finding ways to best support our end-user customers first, and our supportive retail partners second. In a situation like this, if we can accomplish both and continue as usual with Sound Advice in Florida, we would explore the possibilities.

You can rest assured that during this transition period we have left no stone unturned and no opportunity to accomplish our above goals unexplored. We will continue to work on this closely with all of our business partners and we hope to make a final determination in the next 10 days.

Swells -

From what I hear, Canada should brace itself for the Best Buy store invasion.

How can one loyal Klipsch owner hope to compete with the addition of potentially millions of Canadian buyers (even if it is the cheap Klipsch line...cheap to buy, cheaper to make)?

All I can say is this: I've heard that Cerwin Vega speakers are actually quite good speakers, but since Best Buy has sold them for years, I won't touch them.

Mr. Jacobs,

I was just in Sound Advice and I was told a different story. They insisted that they were not discontinuing their relationship with Klipsch. In fact this is the reason they gave for not discounting the Reference Series speakers. Their appears to be a disconnect concerning the truth on this issue....