So now that Klipsch is going to Best Buy........

shoe11

Well all these posts and no one will admit they bought from Best Buy... I did. I worked at best buy for beer money during college. I bought a 32" Sony Trinitron, in 1997 for $309, brand new... I bought a pair of JBL floorstand 3way powered speakers for 160 for the pair (600 list) and I bought a cerwin vega 15" sub for $250 (500) list... I had a sweet system for someone paying 22,000 a year for college on his own. Everyone hear makes it sounds like money grows on trees... the fact is some of us can't afford K-horns, and can't even afford the Synergy... but rather than go without music we purchase what we can afford... I went from Bose, to JBL, to Klipsch Synergy... where to next ??? depends on money...

What does it mean if you have Klipsch Horns all the way around... YOUR RICH... Reading through these posts just make me, the person who reads about a 300 speaker for months and months before he can buy it, feel worthless on this board. I understand if you are a proud of your systems... and so you should be, you probably worked hard for them... Just cut the beginners some slack...

Sorry I had to vent, been a long day.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

penn,

I think the point of the question stemmed from the first announcement Klipsch was moving out of some major retailers and the synergy line into BB.

BB's history stems back back to the late 60's and the has grown significantly buy seling products the manistream consumers wants at a perceived value. Since you worked at a BB you know first hand that the products they sell are not Hi-end nor top of the line. So with Klpsch cutting/restructuring their retail distribution of their higher end products and moving the synergy line in to BB, some feel this will de-value the Klipsch name and product line.

For the most past any audiophile would not consider BB a resource for a set of speakers. Their sound room setups with their 20 to 30 foot ceilings and metal walls just can't give the buyer a decent audition of the products they carry.

Scott

I understand your point, and I both agree and disagree (BB will devalue the Klipsch name). As long as Klipsch keeps producing quality speakers, which I feel the synergy line is for my budget, I don't care if they sell them at flee markets. They are still a quality product. Sure more people will have heard of the name Klipsch, so when talking to the average Joe you can't talk above them... but I don't think that will make the Klipsch speaker de-valued. Klipsch just needs to make sure that they don't allow the Synergy speaker performance to fall off, and say "we are selling to the 'general' public, and they don't what is good, we can scrimp... " That has nothing to do with Best Buy, and everything to do with Klipsch cutting corners. But I don't believe that will happen.

Perhaps the selling of Synergy will produce a high revenue stream for Klipsch, and they can produce new better products and sell at a lower cost :) dreaming, but it could happen...

Thanks for the reply... I didn't mean to attack anyone, just venting.

Tim

You are correct, I am merely stating opinion. Time will tell, but everyone seems to know the "law of unintended consequences" and I have seen bad things come of these associations with bb in the past...that is why, in the industry, there is a saying; "best buy , where good audio goes to die"....I could be wrong.....

I hear Good Guys and Magnolia are dumping some models like mad....Get 'em while they're hot!Am still interested in where they'll all be manufactured and if the synergy line will change any. How many store fronts does bb have? maybe tweeters and magnolia were dumped for supply reasons? Or was it that bb made it a condition? ...My friend who works for corporate at bb hasn't answered my e-mail yet.....more to come...

I've bought plenty of speakers from best buy and tried them out and then ended up returning them to a different store, one that i don't work at . And all i have to say is NEVER EVER EVER buy a pair of speakers fromt there, Not even the best JBL studio series they sell there sound good, they are aweful. I think bring klipsch there is an awesome idea to replace cerwin vega with, but even so.... I don't know.... i reallu want to know what my discount will be one those speakers, because even though they are just the synergy series it would be nice to have some speakers for my bed room and all of that.....

----------------

On 2/16/2003 2:20:22 AM shoe11 wrote:

Granted that the Reference line will not be sold at Best Buy, but the simple question remains.... who on here has ever bought a pair of home audio speakers from Best Buy?

This has been on for a day now and no one so far has said they have.

----------------

Perhaps that is the strategy on the part of both Best Buy and Klipsch,to pull a different market segment into the BB stores. It seems to me to be a Win/Win situation for everyone, including the consumer. As for BB & Klipsch one expands and improves their line of goods, the other expands their distribution. As long as Klipsch keeps pouring money into R&D for their high end product line, do you really care where they sell the low end to make those R&D dollars?

As long as Klipsch keeps pouring money into R&D for their high end product line, do you really care where they sell the low end to make those R&D dollars?

{end of quote}...........

No, if that were the case......but dollars to donuts it's a cah-out and run scheme.......

----------------

On 3/14/2003 2:17:43 AM iago wrote:

As long as Klipsch keeps pouring money into R&D for their high end product line, do you really care where they sell the low end to make those R&D dollars?

{end of quote}...........

No, if that were the case......but dollars to donuts it's a cah-out and run scheme.......

----------------

iago... that is a very good question. My answer would be this...

I don't care if they are sold in a huge super store or in someones garage... What I do care about though is that when I want to listen to the speakers, I can do it in an environment that is condusive to listening to speakers. I had that at Magnolia HiFi. Now I don't. Well, let me take that back... There is The Good Guys, but their sales staff leaves a LOT to be desired.

Moon, I agree with your comments and have still not read what I believe to be the real reasons why magnolia and tweeters had to go or why none of the other dealers could keep synergy...I can understand the move (financially) into bb, but why move out of retailers with better sales staff?