Chicago Horn/Bottlehead Meeting Sat March 1st

Alfredo Abate

Hi all,

I will be having an audio meeting at my house Saturday March 1st from 12:00 - ??? Anyone is welcome to come and you can bring any gear or music you want. I can play cd's, sacd's and lp's. I will have snacks and soda but bring your own beer.

I also just completed the Bottlehead Seduction for those who want to see/hear it.

I thought I would post a message here in case some folks don't check Audio Asylum. NOS440 has been to my house so you can ask me or him about how our meetings are. In the past we have had people from Wisc, Mich and Indiana show up so don't be afraid to come!

Any questions just let me know. Thanks!

Regards,

Alfredo Abate

1206 S. Addison

Lombard, IL 60148

audio_junkie17@yahoo.com

Yup I went last year about this time it was a great time with a very diverse crowd of people. I was there for 7 hours and it seemed like 1. I had a absolutely great time !! If you can make it and live near there definitly check it out. I will most likely attend agian.

Craig

We usually have these meeting somewhere around Chicago about every 6 weeks. They usually slow down at the end of November with the holidays starting up and pick up again in January after CES. Like Craig said we are a very diverse group of folks. Very laid back and just like to B.S. and share ideas. A lot of us our DIY guys so it's always interesting to see what people may bring.

--Craig it was last May that you came over last. It hasn't even been a year yet! Hehehe. Did you ever fix up those AR speakers?

--Tim how is that Eico working out for you?

--John where off of I-94 do you live? You can't be too from me (if you don't mind me asking)?

--Tom where do you live (if you don't mind me asking)?

Look forward to meeting any new folks and seeing some old ones again!

Alfredo Abate

Craig--That's alright you probably put more use into to them then I did. I never even used them except for one time.

Tim--I think my system has changed quite a bit since the last time you have seen it. For starters everything got moved to the basement so no more bouncy wood floors. I am now tri-amping (2 tube amps, 1 SS amp). I built a couple of power strips using a partial Jon Risch's filter recipe. I am also into vinyl big time using a Technics SL-1700 with a Shure V15VxMR. Just finished the Bottlehead phono kit (Seduction) about 2 weeks ago. I'm still using the SACD player but also bought an outboard DAC for regular CD's.

I'm planning a complete tear down of my speakers probably after the Midwest Audio Fest. I need something that looks a little nicer than the big black PA boxes that I'm using now. Also I want to incorporate the JBL 18's that I got from the JBL tent sale over a year ago.

That's about it but I have been spending a lot more time listening to music. Especially vinyl, since I have about 1600+ lp's now.

Tom--Yep Bartlett's about a half hour from me. Email me if you need directions. Look forward to meeting you.

Alfredo

ALfredo,

I remember you saying you were interested in hearing some Heresy's are you still interested ?? Would you like me to bring mine along for the meeting it would also allow people to bring there gear and have some speakers to connect to that are not tri-wired. Let me know its not a problem. I have a extra CD player and Turn Table we can use too of coarse I don't of you have room or not.

Craig

Craig--Please bring the Heresy's if you can. I still never heard them and would like to. I'm sure others would like to hear them as well. I have room for whatever you want to bring. Actually we can setup another system in the extra Kitchen upstairs (where you did Tim's Eico upgrade). The room's a little lively but we can if you want to or we can just hook it up to downstairs were my system is at.

John--Kalamazoo is about a 2.5 hour drive (I think). If your willing to do the driving come on by!

Alfredo