denon 3803 question

devlin24

I want to get a Denon 3803 but not sure where to get it. I found one at tweeter for 1050 + tax. One on ebay for 860 including shipping-this one is "b stock" but it is an authorized dealer. And do I need to worry about "b stock" anyway? And acousticsounddesign.com has them for 920+ shipping. So, pay the most a get it intown, pay the least for b stock but it is still an authorized dealer, or go middle ground with a great online dealer? Thanks for the help

I would try the local dealers but I wouldn't expect them to come down too far unless it's an open box unit. If you can't get them to move on price at the beginning and are going to spend the $1050 (isn't MSRP $1100?) then at least have them spend a hour or so showing you how to operate the unit, discuss system tuning ideas, and any other questions you may have about home audio. I'd also take that opportunity to audition something fun like the Martin Logans. You are paying for all that demo space and sales consulting so enjoy it.

I bought my first Denon receiver from SoundCity.com (I called them) who is a reputable authorized reseller. I would trust them and wouldn't pay a premium over their price from the local dealer unless you are getting additional consulting and services locally.

The Denon 3803 is a high volume popular product that you probably won't want to return as long as it works which is an ideal situation for price shopping. If you thought you might have buyer's remorse or may not like it then I'd say buy from the local reseller that has a 30-day return--no questions asked. One of the values that someone like Ultimate or Tweeter provide is that you can buy it and then return it if you change your mind within 30-days. Products like DVD players and speakers are good candidates for these programs.

The lowest risk option is the local authorized reseller with 30-day no quetions asked returns.

Go with what you feel more comfortable with.

Rexx,

Do you know if they are authorized and if you can get the product serviced at a local Denon warranty repair center?

Their site says: "This product is brand new, factory fresh and includes full manufacturer warranty"

At $825 this seems like a great price and they seem to have the full line.

Please come back and share your experience once you get it setup.

* factory warranty?

* sealed A stock?

* delivery time?

* any issues (ie DOA, wrong part, etc.)?

* any hidden charges?

There seems to be an opportunity for big savings but folks don't want to get into trouble with a pretty expensive purchase like a 3803.

After some problems with credit card verification requiring 3 phone calls to resolve the Denon 3803 arrived today. Brand new and in sealed box BUT a third party warranty registration. Warranty covers parts and labor for three years. I guess they are not an authorized vendor. There was no charge for the warranty.

Rexx have you checked who the warranty is through yet? I just bought one on ebay for 800 new from the original owner who claims she has the receipt and hasnt filled out the warranty cards yet. I am having some problems with here at with the shipping of 55 dollars she added that comes to 855. Going the buydigicom way the price is 860 so any info you can provide will be helpful

Rexx have you checked who the warranty is through yet? I just bought one on ebay for 800 new from the original owner who claims she has the receipt and hasnt filled out the warranty cards yet. I am having some problems with here at with the shipping of 55 dollars she added that comes to 855. Going the buydigicom way the price is 860 so any info you can provide will be helpful