HELP!!! New man cave/theater room renovation. Can't decide on speakers....

Ok, I converted a 2 car garage (out of three... gotta keep one !) years back. I finally got some coin and doing a total renovation. The room is about 20x16 but it will be split with a viewing area and and a small office area. I bought my dream tv - Samsung Neo QLED 85", got an Onkyo TX- RZ50 and a Panasonic DP-UB820 4k Blu Ray Player. I have an older onkyo that will be sent to our second home. I have a frankenstein speaker set and will focus on the front speakers for now. I have a very old Cambridge Center channel that is still pretty good, so I might keep that for a bit just to focus on the front towers. I wanted to go all the way to the Klipsch RP-8000F but is it too much of a speaker? Would I be better off with the 6000?? Or even the three digit tower models?? What is the opinions??? THANKS A TON!!

• Like 1

Welcome! Sounds like a home theater system is what going for. Always seems bigger is better yet, the room size (ceiling height?) either should be sufficient. What other than the 2 mentioned do you have in mind?

Others here will dig deeper... @Boromir99

8 hours ago, Boromir99 said:

Ok, I converted a 2 car garage (out of three... gotta keep one !) years back. I finally got some coin and doing a total renovation. The room is about 20x16 but it will be split with a viewing area and and a small office area. I bought my dream tv - Samsung Neo QLED 85", got an Onkyo TX- RZ50 and a Panasonic DP-UB820 4k Blu Ray Player. I have an older onkyo that will be sent to our second home. I have a frankenstein speaker set and will focus on the front speakers for now. I have a very old Cambridge Center channel that is still pretty good, so I might keep that for a bit just to focus on the front towers. I wanted to go all the way to the Klipsch RP-8000F but is it too much of a speaker? Would I be better off with the 6000?? Or even the three digit tower models?? What is the opinions??? THANKS A TON!!

8000f and a 504c. Forget the Cambridge. 

• Like 1