One more reason I hate Blockbuster

KGK1958

My lovely wife went to Blockbuster on Saturday to pick up "The Bourne Identity." Looking at the box, I noticed it was coded FF for full-frame. I was irritated with her for not getting the widescreen version...I thought I taught her better! I went back to the store and, much to my surprise, ALL the copies were full-frame. A search of the Blockbuster website shows that every store in a 20 mile radius of my house only stocks the full-frame version of the DVD. I'd at least like to make the choice.

The only reason we tried Blockbuster is Netflix is taking forever to send this movie.

Thanks for the opportunity to vent...

Kevin

Klipsch and McIntosh...a match made in heaven.

Actually there was a petition started a while back about this very problem with Blockbuster.

http://www.petitiononline.com/widedvd/petition.html

I signed it months ago, but since they did not change I went to another local rental place that actually listens to the consumer. More consumers going elsewhere will quickly get Blockbuster's attention.

The answer is Netflix. No trips to the store, no late fees, no waiting in line, and cheaper if you rent more than a few titles a month - not to mention letterbox. I've been a subscriber for three years, and while there were struggles early on, I can say that this is a great service.