Center Channel Stand?

Kman

No I haven't thought about building one- I was looking at different sites but they all seem alittle small in size- I've seen a few ads with Vienna and Ariel speakers and they show this beefy center speaker sitting on this beautiful stand- so Iwas curious if there were any reputable dealers that sell these stands- maybe they are from the speaker manufacturer only? I will have to keep digging I guess

• 1 month later...

I just recently bought a wood technology CT-12. Its a bit pricey for what they give you. It is built with a angle, and they do give you spikes for the bottom to tilt it some more. It does seem to be a bit cheap looking. I found another stand at Ulitimate video for $130. They have the RC-7 on top of it. But it is quite beefy and would go quite well with any center. Unfortunately, my t.v.'s height would not allow it to be placed there(my t.v has a height of 24" to bottom of screen, and the rc-7 is nine inches tall). The one at ultimate is 18" stand.

Cultrain88

Thanks for the replies- I tried looking for Ultimate video and was unsuccessful- could you provide a link maybe? I did come across the Sanus stand- but I belive it was 22" tall- I wanted something a litle taller- it seems that 18-22 inches is the standard height- but it seems low -even when seated it would be below ear level- am I wrong?-the search will continue though, thanks

Kman

Get some 5/8" threaded rod and MDF at Home Depot and make your own, aka the flexi- rack. You can either paint it or buy veneer plywood in 2' x 2' panels and stain them. Use four rods and space them 6" to 12". Spike the base (Parts Express). Use the front/rear nuts to adjust to correct angle. Shouldn't cost over $30 or so.

Keith