Heresy IIs at a pawn shop

Johnny dB

OK, guys I'm in the market for some new speakers after selling my KLF-10s (wasn't too impressed). I found a pair of Heresy II Signature Series at a pawn shop, but they want $699.00. That seems high for Heresys, but I don't know if the signature series adds alot more. They're open to offers, but I don't know what a fair price on these would be. This pawn shop is notorious for pricing their stuff at or above retail.

Yeah - shipped and all you can get an equivalent pair for $450 to $550, so offer the same to the pawn shop. If they don't take the deal (I can't imagine they bought the speakers for much more than $300) look elswhere. Be sure to leave your telephone number with the shop - I would be surprised if you don't get a call within a week if no one else dishes out cash.

Regardless, if they don't take the first offer nor call later - go back in a week or so and try again. Most Pawn shop folks understand the 'bird in the hand' concept...

Dean didn't say $250 with shipping for a pair, he said $250 LESS, meaning $250 less than $699, meaning $450.

You can sometimes find bargains, like in anything, but $450, for a decent pair, wouldn't normally include shipping too.

The Heresy IIs at the pawn shop were made in 1985, they're 4 ohms, and they have banana jack plugs. Sensitivity is 94db. Is that normal for these? From what I've found: sensitivity should be 97db, 8 ohms impedence, and they have screw type connectors. Are they diferent because they are signature series? anyone...anyone...

I'm going to offer $500.00 for 'em.

We may even be able to prevent over shipping... as in them making up the difference in shipping costs. If you send me the money for shipping (at cost via UPS ground, that is how I got mine) and the speakers or pay them for the speakers and I pick them up and mail them... you get the idea.

94dB and 4 ohms jsut doesn't sound right to me...

Mine were made in....hang on...let me look on the back....88 and they're 8 ohms and the publilshed figure for them was 96dB with one watt at one meter.

Now, I bought mine new in...'91 I think?...which means they sat around for a bit before being sold. Perhaps this says something about the sales of Heritage series back then in the vert late 80s and early 90s....perhaps the heritage series wasn't selling that well???

94dB and 4 ohms jsut doesn't sound right to me...

Mine were made in....hang on...let me look on the back....88 and they're 8 ohms and the publilshed figure for them was 96dB with one watt at one meter.

Now, I bought mine new in...'91 I think?...which means they sat around for a bit before being sold. Perhaps this says something about the sales of Heritage series back then in the vert late 80s and early 90s....perhaps the heritage series wasn't selling that well???

Johnny,

Once you figure what they're worth, offer them a bit less and BE READY TO WALK OUT if they don't take your offer. The ball is then in their court. You could even leave your name and phone number and gracefully give them a chance to reconsider your offer. If they don't have a line at their door, and they can make at least a little profit, they will take it. Those speakers are not making them money sitting on their shelf! (I sold used cars 1.gif )

I found an ad somewhere really recently for that $250 pair. I have no info at all about the condition etc. I think it was in last Sunday's newpaper ads online. I've been scouring local newspapers and online classifieds for a pair of Cornwalls and ran across those.

I thought those were odd ratings on the Heresys, but thats what it says on the labels. Maybe it's because they're signature series? Has anyone seen these? They have an extra badge on the front lower right corner that has Paul W. Klipsch signature engraved on them. It says Signature Series on the back also. Made in 1985. They are Heresy IIs. I don't know about that 4 ohm rating; I haven't seen any other 4 ohm Klipschs ever.

I called that guy in Houston, but no answer.