The clearance is on ---

Bulldawg

I bought my REF-7 system (RF-7/RC-7/RS-7) from Tweeters for 32.3% off MSRP. The rep told me the normal retail margin was 42%. Now keep in mind I do not feel that the that is the "cost" (the check Tweeter wrote Klipsch, more later) of the raw product.

Based on many conversations with many people in the business at CES the B&M stores that do a reasonable volume and make quota so to speak get about 50% off MSRP depending on the product class they sell most of (EX: RF-7 $2195.00 retail = $1097.50 cost).

B U T you have to consider the following non COGS (cost of goods sold) expenses such as:

1. Freight to the store.

2. Handling cost once arrived (in Tweeters case warehouse and facilties cost)

3. "Shuttle" freight (again in Tweeters case they ship to the store from a regional warehouse most of the time)

4. Accounting and Admin. (somebody has to inventory the items sold and get them in the system so the vendor can be paid)

Therefore the best you could ask for IMHO is about 40% off. Truely the only way you would even get that deal is to buy a large package, floor demo or a scratch and dent special. Maybe I'm wrong but good luck!

Also keep in mind if you buy at Tweeters you do not get their one year return/upgrade program on Klipsch speakers since they are getting out of the line and you only get 30 days to return them period so make sure you are a happy camper since they may not be able to locate product soon. However on the up side they have a 12 month 0 down 0% deal to qualified buyers.

Regards,

Mike

----------------

On 3/11/2003 11:16:03 PM mmiles wrote:

Also keep in mind if you buy at Tweeters you do not get their one year return/upgrade program on Klipsch speakers since they are getting out of the line and you only get 30 days to return them period so make sure you are a happy camper since they may not be able to locate product soon. However on the up side they have a 12 month 0 down 0% deal to qualified buyers.

----------------

In my particular case, I am not to worried about the one year upgrade policy. I would not be able to fit anything bigger than the RF-5s for surrounds in this room anyway. You do make some valid points and definitly to be considered for those that may have planned on taking advantage of that upgrade policy. Still, the price that Tweeter is now offering for the RF-5s is cheaper than what Acoustic Sound Design is offering, and on top of that, I don't have to screw around with shipping (the store is less than 2 miles away from my place - a trip my trusty ol' pick-up truck can handle!). Also, since Tweeter is still an Authorized Dealer for now, the factory warrantee will be good.

Dammit all to hell...this is a fine time to be laid off from my old job! I can't even afford to take advantage of this clearance sale. What lousy timing. By the time I get a new job, all the good sales will be over and done with.

Lost out again!7.gif

----------------

On 3/12/2003 6:42:10 AM Stephen328 wrote:

Maybe its time to trade in my RF-3s for some RF-5s. Before tweeter stops carrying them. SO Tweeter is going to completly stop carrying all Klipch products????? I was under the impression that they would keep the reference and the synergy were going to best-Buy.

----------------

Yes, unfortunatly, there will be no more Klipsch at Tweeter (thus the clearance sales). Yeah, I wish they would at least keep the Reference and Heritage at Tweeter, but they pulled completely out.

In Klipsch's place, I was told that Tweeter will start carrying more of the higher-end Boston Acoustic (VR-M series?) and even Martin-Logan (although I already thought they did).

Yeah, what Tweeter and Magnolia is doing is just great for all the rest of us Klipsch ref dealers!....They'll take every potential fence sitting customer out of the market for a year....between that and the fact trhat I won't be able to A/B synergy vs. REF anymore, I think some salespeople in our store suggest

we cut our losses, dump the line and move on...I'm not going to be enthusiastic about showing them any more....guess I'll have to get a new I.D. ...SEE YA7.gif

For anyone interested...

While out shopping today I stopped at a Tweeter dealer (Nashua NH) and inquired about pricing on the RF7s.

The salesman said they were going fast and quoted me a price of $1499.99 for the pair.

They are out of Maple finish but have Black and Cherry finish still available.

Hope this helps.

Jeff