HK430/730 Owners

Flason

Mike,

I'm not sure about the H/K but once we get your Scott amp fixed up I think you will love its Loudness circuit. It completely defeats itself at 50% volume and really sounds great below 50% . Unlike allot of vintage tube amps the loudness circuit on the Scott's is top notch. Your amp is on the bench for the inspection now so I should be contacting you sometime today !

Craig

Geez Craig, just how many Scott amps have you done so far? BTW, mine sounds fantastic. Better and better every day. Going out today with the wife to buy a rack to set it up in the bedroom. I really like the Dynaco A-25's I'm using with it.

Regards,

Chris

I rarely use the contour button on my 430, only if playing really low, like at 8 o'clock or so. Although, the H/K contour is less muddy with my Cornwalls than my NAD loudness button. The NAD loudness button did not sound muddy at lower levels with my KLF-30's, however.

In Germany last week I noticed some familiar looking knobs half hidden behind the hotel bar. I asked if I could have a look and there was a nice looking H/K 330c. Small world.

Mace

My LaScalas need the contour button at the low volumes. Without it, there is very little bass. Past the 9 o'clock position, it's a moot point. Tone controls are set to flat and high filter is depressed. I was just wondering what other HK users do.

Craig,

Haven't hooked up the Scott to the Cornwall's yet. I was waiting for the aftermarket cabinet from Marc in Canada so the boss might be a little more accepting of another piece of gear on the rack. I paid Marc the extra $20 to have it stained, and I have to be honest here, it wasn't done very well. Whoever did the actual work could not have sanded the wood very much, if indeed at all. Also, the stain was applied very unevenly. I've emailed him about the situation and await his response. If I don't hear back from him, I'm going to strip, sand and refinish the wood pieces. Then I'll bring the Scott in the house for a little run with the Cornwall's. Can't wait, 'cuz the 299 makes the Dynaco A-25's really sing and will probably knock me out when hooked up to the CW's. But really, I can't say enough about how impressive those 28 year old bookshelf speakers (the Dynaco's) are. The imaging and soundstage are fabulous. In fact, I've already bought another pair on eBay.

I'll let you know when I finally get the Scott "housebroken".

Regards,

Chris

Craig/Everybody,

Marc Sigouin has sent me a $30.00 refund for the problems I had with the wood finishing of my 299 cabinet. THANK YOU Marc! I will have no problem ordering something from him in the future. He didn't even wait for me to send him digital images of the problems I described. Very impressive!

Regards,

Chris