posting from new comp!

prodj101

well, the motherboard came today so I am up and running! And the fact that the ATI Radeon 9700 was out of stock turned out to be a good thing in the end, because now I am aware of the ATI Radeon 9800 so I pre ordered that instead! final specs are 2.4 ghz P4, 1 gig DDR Ram, 80 gig Seagate Baracuda HD, Asus 533 mhz motherboard, and I'll be getting a wireless network sometime this week. this kicks ***! 9.gif9.gif9.gif

wUrd. I bet your new machine could beat my 300 PII at anything. In fact, I'm pretty certain that everyone on this forum as a better machine than me! haha. But all that matters is that I can post to this forum :). I would upgrade, but gaming for me is on the XboX and GameCube. Internet, email, etc is what my old machine gets me by with...

what kind of system do you have kenratboy? damn, I can't wait to see what this new ATI Radeon 9800 can do. until than I'm just using a Geforce 4 MX 420. it can still run most stuff pretty smooth, at least until I get the new graphics card set up.

900 MHz Athlon

512 MB PC 133 (256 X 2)

Asus A7V-133 motherboard

Geforce 4 Ti4200 128 MB

Creative Labs SoundBlaster Live! Value

Pioneer DVD-ROM (if you don't have a EXPENSIVE, PROPER DVD-ROM, you are missing a LOT (with CD-ROM's too), will explain upon request)

Generic 32X CD burner (works as well as the HP's or Yamaha, this one was $20 after rebates! NEVER screwed up on a CD)

10/100 card for broadband goodness

All the other stuff to make it work 9.gif

When I upgrade, I will get one of the Ausu nForce motherboards, ~2 GHz. Athlon (new one with more cache), and 512 MB of DDR (good quality RAM, 2 modules to take advantage of Dual Channel memory on the Asus board) Also, I will get a Aluminum case and new PSU. The hardware will be $500ish and the case/PSU will be another $150-200.

yeah ken, I got one of those nice American Media Systems aluminum cases that have the acrylic front panel. they work really well. no over heating concerns, and if you do manage to over heat something, they have tons of room for water cooling or more fans.

Ya well... hmf. Nice job on the comp. 1.gif I am running:

AMD Athlon 850MHz Slot A (not socket, and NOT the Thunderbird, so it is worth major $$$ last time I checked)

Asus K7M (#1 Slot A overclocking mobo, but HP locked all BIOS features...)

512MB PC133

SBAudigy

geForce3 TI200

Win98SE

it is so sad it isn't even funny... and my arms hurt so bad I cannot even try to type correctly anymore. Lifting weights is fun, but I can't move afterwards... owies 8.gif14.gif