Does Klipsch have referb kits?

m00n

Guys, I was wondering if any of you know or not if Klipsch has veneer kits for their heritage speakers. In particular the Belles. I have had contact with the lady who sold me the belles and she assured me once again that the belles were in PERFECT condition when they left her house and she puts all blame on the crating/shipping companies for any scratches and gouges occured to the belles.

I have no doubt that trying to get the crating/shipping company to do anything about it will be a loosing battle, thus I am interested in having them re-veneered. Not only because of some of the minor damage, I would simply like an Oak finish rather than the finish that is on them now.

Thanks all.

m00n

JM, no I have not emailed Andy directly. I just figured he would eventually stumble onto this thread.

As you have indicated, I was not holding out much hope that Klipsch would have referb veneer kits, but thought it was at least worth asking. 1.gif

Moon,

Reveneering the Belle would be a MAJOR undertaking. I've refurbed Klipschorns and my center Belle, and even looked around for someone to reveneer the Khorns ... and nobody would touch them. I think you really need to know what your doing and you'll have to take them apart first, reveneer, and then reassemble.

If the damage is from scratches and dings, you could take them to a wood worker or cabinet guy and he could fill or sand them out (lightly) and restain. That would probably be easiest, cheapest and might not look that bad.

Just my $0.02.

Chris, yeah I had a feeling it would not be an easy job. I was hoping that Klipsch may have pre-cut veneer with a nice instruction page that basically, strip(A) goes here, strip(B) goes there, etc etc.

Would be cool for sure. 1.gif

Rick

m00n,

I wouldn't worry about it.

Once you get the right amp and the right placement you won't even notice it.

The pair of Lascalas that I was using are in rough shape. I was going to fix them up. Once I hooked them up and started playing music I discovered that I listen with my eyes close. The scrathes I have on top I covered with candles. I light candles and hit the play button on my CD player sit in my chair and never think about the scratches.

I think every one on this BB has a story about "They were in perfect shape when they left here, they must have been damaged in shipping.

I talked to a guy on the phone about a pair of Cornwalls. Perfect shape and sound so good. I met him 2 hours from the house. They looked good. He told me they sounded great. I got them home and both tweeters were blown. I didn't even bother calling him because i knew it was going to end up being a "Must of broken when you were driving home with them"

ENJOY them first and then worry about the small stuff. It's going to drive you crazy.

I think if you get them sounding good your wife maybe will let you rearrange the room. When no one is home place the speakers where you want them. Once you know were they sound best move everything back. Every day move the speakers out a inch until you get them to the sweet spot. She may not notice and might start to really like the sound.

Good Luck and I hope you end up relaxing while you listen to the music.

Danny

Did you see the guys Belles that were white and now look sweeeeet,,,,you can fix almost anything....no need to re-veneer all of it.My LaScalas have chips and scratches, i would like to fix but hey that would mean not being able to listen to them oh no!!!!!!good luck man...rick

$20 for an orbital sander. $10 for sand paper and steel wool. $15 tops for stain and about the same for satin polyurethane. You can do it for less than $100 and have the color you want. Search for refinishing. I did my LaScalas which had candle burns and water marks on the tops and they came out looking super. Then a piece of cut glass on the tops and no more worries.

m00n,

On a seperate piece of wood ;try a product called Formbys furniture refinishing. It takes out small scratches and cleans the wood. It comes with excellent directions, and I have had a lot of luck with it. It also doesn't smell up the house.... just my 2cents........

----------------

On 3/27/2003 8:19:04 PM bigdnfay wrote:

mOOn,

Check your private messages.

Big D

----------------

bigdnfay, I decided to oil them first rather than what you suggested on the phone. It started small. I was just going to do a tiny itsy bitsy little spot. But that itsy bitsy little spot looked so good, I just couldn't stop. Next thing I knew, both belles were fully oiled. All I can say is WOW, what a difference. All the scuffs that they suffered are gone. All scratches are gone. Only noticable problem is, is that little chip they got in the corner where the crater guy chiped them. He saved the chip but I have not glued it back on yet.

I am using boiled linseed oil and following HDBDRs suggestions.

Oil every other day for 6 days, then once a month for 6 months, then once a year.

I have oiled them twice now, got another oiling tonight when I get home. People have said that the veneer will soak up the oil and let me tell you they were not joking.