Recommended A/V Receiver?

PDiddy

I have just started builing my HT and have to start somewhere. I just got married in December so $ is still in issue. I don't have a lot to spend, but like good quality for the $. I plan on upgrading in a few years, but have started out with the following:

Fronts - Synergy SB1

Center - Synergy SC.5

Surrounds - Synergy SS1

I currently have a JVC 9010VBK A/V Receiver, but am looking at getting rid of it in order to get a Denon AVR-2802.

Does anyone have any other suggestions, or should I just stay with the JVC? I'm looking to spend around $500 for an A/V Receiver.

Suggestions welcome, remember I'm a newbie and would rather not have any critisicm. Thank you.

I have the Denon 2802 and it works excellent for me. I have the RF-3II's and together they make great music. I can't say I have a single complaint about my receiver and it offers plenty of hook ups so you won't need to upgrade in the future, except of course if you want new stuff like 8.1 or 10.1 when that eventually comes out. But it does play DTS-ES which is awesome for movies and has 5 channel and 6 channel stereo which is great for blasting music. Good looking receiver too, doesn't look like the cheap plasitic look of the outlaws.

To PDuddy,

I also searching for a new A/V receiver or separate components (preamp and amp).

To my mind better to get something outstanding that can be fresh or upgradeable for next several years.

If thinking about today 5.1-7.1 modes I believe that good processor (A/V)with right speakers placing can minimise difference in sound picture. So we need as a base DD, DTS, DPL II. EX-formats are optional and can be readable in large rooms with special sound adsorbing materials on walls and celling. It's another money and story.

On the other hand sound quality of the receiver/processor rise equal to spended money (in most cases).

Of course, price of Hi-End components is unlimited and mostly showing level of person like Harley, Viper, Jaguar and etc.

For my self I considering to get info from forum and buy

something like Onkyo Integra TX-NR900E or Denon AVP3803 or Rotel RSX-1055 or NAD T-762 or Arcam Diva 100.

In Russia these models worth higher $1000, but may be in US you'll find good price for that.

Thanks for your attention.