Bogen 230A

ssh

I got my Bogen 230A back from Craig yesterday.Thanks,Craig.It sings just fine.I hooked-up to the Khorns & had a few hours of fun.At first,I thought it sounded a little thin,but by the time I got to the third track of Sounds of Wood & Steel 2,I warmed-up to it.Figuring out its' sweetest spots will take some listening & tweaking.(Yes,Craig,I'm adjusting the bias first thing when I get home today.) 1.gif

----------------

On 4/4/2003 12:44:19 AM Tom Blasing wrote:

I wouldn't mide knowing how this fairs out. There's been a db230 sitting in my brothers attic for about 25 years or so.

----------------

Well what the hell, just go get it and try it out... What do ya have to loose? 2.gif

Yea the Bogen really surprised me !! It has a really nice sound. The thing with these amps is there expensive to rebuild and some of the parts are really burried and hard to get too !!

Steve biasing your amp isn't that big of a deal as long as the output tubes stay in the same sockets. Let it play for at least a few hours and then check it . It should stay pretty darn close. Then check it every 2 weeks for the next month or so and then forget it for 6 months. You just need to let the new output tubes settle in. Always check it with the unit good and warmed up.

Craig

Tom,

Send it to Craig.He does good work & he's reasonable.The main difference I see between the 230 & 230A is a couple of tubes.I have manuals for both units.I'll send you a copy if you'll mail me a stamped,addressed,legal size envelope.

It is a very pleasing integrated amp.With 30 watts/side,it has sufficient power for Klipsch's.I'm just starting to understand it's strengths & weaknesses,and it is far better sounding to me at low volume with Khorns.Surprising clarity & detail.

SSH1.gif

<>ECC83<>,

Tubes:

Two 7199

" 7025/12AX7

" 7247/12DW7

" EZ81

Four 6DW5

Two 12AU7

One 6CM7

DeanG,

I just paid eight bucks for the manual myself.Since I am paying for the copies & taking the time to do it,I thought a SASE was fair.

SSH1.gif