KLF C-7 and Forte II's?

Mike Frankel

Mike-

While I have not heard the C-7 in my system, one of the other board members, Chickey, had one with his Chorus IIs. I brought my Academy over to his place, and we did an audition and almost immediately he said his next speaker was going to be an Academy.

I have used a KV-3, KV-4, and Academy with my system and the Academy wins, hands down. No offence to the C-7 lovers out there, but the Academy is "the" center for the Quartet/Forte/Chorus line. That is, unless you have the room for another Quartet/Forte/Chorus as the center, but I won't go there.

Mike,

Academy is a better choice unless you want to build a center (or have it built) to match the Forte IIs. I tried C-7 with Forte IIs and my Quartets and it didn't work out all that well. I've not heard the Academy but it seems like most of the "in the know" guys on the forum would advise you go that direction. I'm going to have a friend build a box, buy the drivers and have some local pros handle the crossovers and put it all together. They seem to believe that is the best way to go. I just need to decide if I will use the Forte IIs or the Quartets in the HT. Forte IIs are sweet in two channel.

boomac

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

I used to check audiogon every day, twice a day, for all new items for sale, because I knew how quickly the good stuff sold. I stopped recently, after going in debt for the Anthem AVM20 (Wife: "This is IT, right? After this you're through...")

I've been looking for an Academy for over a year now, and can never get a break.

Sigh.

Jhawk is right on, as usual. I used to have a KLF-C7 matched with my Chorus II's. While the KLF-C7 is a good speaker in its own right, it is not an ideal match with the Chorus or Forte speakers. It tends to be more "shouty" (excuse the technical term) and therefore stood out amongst the front soundstage.

I realized audio (or at least home theater) nirvana with the Academy, thanks to some gentle prodding from JHawk. There is no center channel now, as distinguished from the left and right channels. There is simply a transparent soundstage emerging from the front of my viewing area. You can't distinguish the speakers, and the sound is uniformly smooth and seamless.

My recommendation - find an Academy - or preferably two -one for you, and one for Chuck. 1.gif

C

Thanks for everone's help. I could not get an Academy(What a surprise!), so I went with the KLF C-7.

Will let you all know how it works out with the Forte II's

BTW,I am thinking of going with the RS-7 surrounds for the sides and if I like it two more KLF C-7's for the back surrounds. How does that sound rto everyone? I am thinking correctly?

Thanks Again.

Mike

Hey Chuckears! what state are you in? I live in Fl and would love to hear a comparison to my system. We also have the same TV. I bought mine 1 1/2 years ago. Profile: Age 40 with a wife that has had enough of my purchases. Because of this my pool system has grown exponentially. I keep it in the garage to audition new equip.

----------------

On 4/16/2003 2:31:56 PM tillmbil wrote:

Hey Chuckears! what state are you in? I live in Fl and would love to hear a comparison to my system. We also have the same TV. I bought mine 1 1/2 years ago. Profile: Age 40 with a wife that has had enough of my purchases. Because of this my pool system has grown exponentially. I keep it in the garage to audition new equip.
----------------

tillmbil,

I'm a nice 14-18 hour drive away, in Missouri... my recent XLR cable purchase was probably my last equipment tweak for quite some time... the interest-free financing on the big-screen is almost up...