RF-7 Help! Air leak?

v3spitfire

Just purchased a pair of RF7s at a true hi-fi store. Hooked them up and I feel air coming thru between the wood and front face plate. I can take it back, and have them replace, but wonder if the face plate can be tightened? Are there screws under the rubber grill inserts. I don't want to pull these rubber holders out for fear that it will void the warranty, but if I know there are screws underneath, this would take a lot less time then taking them back. Please help.

system:

RF7s rear

bi-amped w/ adcom 7400

heresy II rear

HK sig 2.0 preamp6.gif

Does the front feel loose?You should be able to carefully remove the rubber insert.I got a rc7 and the front was loose,I stuck a screwdriver in the insert,pulled it out,no screw(I think they forgot it).I put a 1/8 in x 3/4 inch wood screw in it and reinstalled rubber,no more problem.I gota say this was only a temp fix while I waited on the new replacement.

Not sure on the glue ? It seems it would be a good idea.If its not a big hassle I would just request a new one(or two).I have the rf7's and will say I tried a lot in the 2 to 3k range,I chose the 7's.The louder you crank the better they sound,and they keep sounding better,for whatever reason.

If these were purchased new from one of our authorized dealers, we would like very much to take care of you. Return the defective speaker for a replacement. We'll exchange it with the dealer. The process is not instantaneous, but you should let us replace it. We do this only via the dealer.

Thank you Bob. I did return it earlier today. It was an authorized dealer. They said it would be 2 weeks or so (they called klipsch who will RA? them), which is fine. I was just so excited because I had been planning this for a year. I've compared these to everything in multiple cities. I have the heresy's, which I love, but in my opinion the RF7s have no equal. Thanks. These are incredible speakers.

Dean, not sure if you remember me. YOu guided me thru the bi-amping process on the adcoms before I bought the RF7s. It does sound fantastic. I'm running 4 channels of the adcom into the 2 Rf7s - obviously, no stress at all. I had the heresy's in the rear, but now moved them, as it seemed such a waste. They're now each hooked up to a pair of scott 99ds - something your probably familiar with...

to say the contrary would seem heresy to many. My wife hate the heresy's now that their in the living room. She didn't mind it until I found some wood boxes at an unfinished furniture store that puts them 11 inches off the floor, and in more plain site. But they predate the mariage, so they can stay until her friends make to many comments...9.gif