HGS 18 = JU #2

RayCanales

Ray I did read your post, you said the CV horn sub is great(i even went looked at it)and that svs and hgs's are crap. Well I could see how the horn loaded sub might be better for outside use with music, but as indoor sub to double for music and home theater...i'd have to hear it. I bet my rsw-15 would do better for indoor use, and I by no means think its the best sub on the planet.

you are probably correct

but I move my stuff in and out of the house and for that application the HGS and SVS dont hold a candle to the CV sub. actually I think that the belles sound better outdoors than they do indoors.

but that is my opinion.

I am looking to buy some commercial Klipsch La Scalas to use outdoors strictly I have seen some that the tops come off the horn box. but I have not found any.

I have never had a chance to audition any of the Klipsch Subs at my house so I dont know how they sound I have heard one in a friends house and it sounds ok.

does anyone know what kind of speaker is in the Klipsch sub and what amp do they use?

I really dont even know if Klipsch makes their subs?

Im sure someone can educate me on this.

12.gif

See, your still pissed, and will that get people to listen to you, probably not.

I agree somewhat about the RSW, I owned a RSW15 for 2-3 months, I was quite disappointed, unlike you, the Velo-18 "does" suit my bill. There is "no" need to blast it, you don't like it, cool, keep it to yourself as opposed to shooting your beek off. I'm tired of SVS this....SVS that...on a "Klipsch" forum, do I say anything...ok, once.

Why are you pissed at Klipsch, Velodyne, I don't know why, bad product you own, maybe....

I saw 3 flames coming out of the last thread, lets keep it cool so we can all stay ok!

I did see one, try to put it out, but it was just brought back by another!

Ray

Do what i did, when i had 4 cornwalls, Get a industrial 18inch crate bass guitar woofer, 600 watt capability, and run a powerfull monoblock into it !

Youll be surprised!

Ive been into audio 27 years, ive been there done that, and still doing it today, just less, having 4 Klipschorns now!

I myself, think the Klipsch subs are a bummer!

I can dislike something as well, well in that case no one here ever knew i dislike any Klipsch speaker made after 88!

I dont want to go there!

Also Ray

I had a best freind that was a Canadian, i miss him like hell today, havent seen him now 14 years i grew up with him!

The Canadians here are my freinds

Rregards Jim

Boomer Sorry but Im still pissed but I always will, but thats my personal problem.

and as far as me not liking Klipsch I dont think that is entirely true I have always and will always own Klipsch.

I have owned Fortes, Quartets, Cornwall, Heresy, Belle, LaScala, KLF20, KLF30, RB5, KG2.2 Center, KLFC7, and in the past I had some old Klipsch Sub that was just a ported box with two ports on it and I think I remember seeing 2 8 inch drivers inside of it, that thing was a cute little thing.

dont remember the model number on it.

I dont have promedia on my pc because I think that my Parts Express $100.00 sub and a pair of Monsoon MM1000 Monitors do better for 2.1 sound.

and as far as me having problems with speakers blowing up around me is because I like to play my music loud LOUD and sometimes things have to break but I always fix the things back up, I have always built speakers and have taken speakers apart just to see what the heck these companies put in their boxes an am really surprised of the junk that some of these companies put in a box and place their name on. wait I shouldnt say that because its wrong ..

well my problem comes in when I start banging on my set of Tamas and they drown out my speakers i hate that, we all get together and Jam out and you cant hear no La Scala no Belle no nothing. and then you throw in a bottle of the good ol Scotch into the picture and all hell breaks loose

11.gif call me an AudioPhool expect my home speakers to sound like live music.2.gif

thats why those CV cabinets with some peavey tops sound good to me.

BTW I have taken my pair of WO32 and placed them back in the house they do sound good and hold a drink rather well

http://www.decware.com/wicked1.htm

except that Im not using a parts express plate amp I hooked them up to a pair of Microtech 1200 and they sound fine.

I sent a couple of pics up so in case your in south texas some day and you see that thing in the street that would be me. thats where my loyalty lies but have to be realistic about things. the CVS do sound good outdoors much better than anything else I have tried out.

now if this post offends anyone well then I just cant post then..

thanks folks9.gif

"the CVS do sound good outdoors much better than anything else I have tried out."

I have no trouble with this,horn loaded subs will demolish any non horn loaded sub ouside,not even close.A B4-Plus,HGS18,Revel B15 or even a dual Tumult with PR's would be outclassed with ease outdoors,horns project sound waves at you,and any non horn loaded design is doomed to fail or would be unpractical ouside.

I did experience the legendary Altec VOT's ouside driven by a Bryston 4B.WOW what awesome sound,and 15 meters from the speakers!No "high end" speakers can even come close outdors.

Plus you dont hear any room induced colorations outside!

1.gif