New SVS PB2 plus

Bruinsrme

Great deal two such subs should compete well with a single B4-Plus and cost less.And then why not two B4-Plus? Hmmm

ME MUST BUY SVS SUBS THIS SUMMER

Ah the joys of limitless subwoofing 9.gif

But then again it only uses the second best SVS woofers,the Ultra is still the toilet paper roll from hell.Just the sight of the woofers used in the Ultras or SS makes me smile.

----------------

But then again it only uses the second best SVS woofers,the Ultra is still the toilet paper roll from hell.Just the sight of the woofers used in the Ultras or SS makes me smile.

----------------

only?... ONLY?!2.gif I couldn't imagine the pure level of SPLs the B4 would put out with the ultra woofers in there (or the pure power consumption). Although I must admit, the a PB-2 Plus would be pretty sweet with dual TV-12s

The issue will be the B4+ is already underported. Switch to TV12 drivers and you just compound the problem. In otherwords there would be no benefit to using TV12 drivers over the DB12 driver in the B4+ as the DB12 driver can't reach their full potential with the current porting. However, since what it can reach with the current porting is more than most people will every use TV didn't really care that it was underported.

Dusty,

The Special Edition B4Plus cabinet and ports would be adapted for the new drivers,I never said only the drivers would be swaped.

I know well the SS/Ultra woofers can move more air and would need more ports or larger ports to compensate.

Now that I get to thinking about, it seems more practical to get 2 PB2's instead of the B4-Plus.

From doing guestimation's, it seems the PB2 would have more internal volume.

With a pair you'd have a total of 6 4" flared ports vs the B4's wimpy(jk) 4 4" flared ports.

One B4 Plus costs $2499(w/o amplification), while two PB2's would cost $2398 with 1800 watts of built in amplification.

If you don't care about finish and you need a pair of end tables, these seem to be a heck of a deal!

"But don't forget both require frieght shipping. So shipping on a pair of B2 subs will be more than a single B4."

And and what,your shipping still costs much less then even a lowly Samson 1000 power amp,and where are the cables...the crossover?

Overall the B2 is a superb deal,any way one may look at it.The B4-Plus is a great deal,it becomes irritating when you consider its underported(like my Aerial 7.gif ...its an Aerial dude 1.gif ).

The B2 should not suffer from any severe underporting at least.

Strange that the Ultra drivers haven't made it into any of the new SVS box line. Could it be that they just arent that much better than the TC-Sounds drivers, when you compare the huge cost difference? Ultra driver price is the same as the Adire Tumult. I was considering the B4Plus, but just might opt for a couple of these PB2s. I asked TV about the Ultra driver in the B4, they had no plans for it. Not much gain, but much more costly. Shipping is substantially higher on the B4 because they have to go truck freight. The B4 package would have cost me $300 in shipping alone. I like the $50 conus charge for the PB2. The other benefit is you can buy one at a time, vs having to save the $3,850. I'm very tempted to grab the first end of a pair.

Dustin,

I am considering the tasty B2 to replace my dual Carver Shadow Knight subs,used with my MP3 PC. LOL

No joke,I guess I must be insane.

Ultra/SS woofers may be expensive but they look like tanks.Just the looks justify the asking price.2.gif I purchased my Sunfires because of the mean looking woofers,these dont only look mean they move ait,lots of air(for such a small piston surface).

Dustin,you know it if you want B4-Plus beating performance three-four Tumults and no known SVS competes.Used in a IB configuration you same on the amp,and shake your house to pieces too.

But then again who needs such brute force at home?

TheEar - The TV-12 looks awsome. Next to it, the TC-Sounds driver looks cheap. When I first started hearing about the B4, I automaticly assumed it would house the Ultra driver. It had my mouth watering. I did do some head scratching when I saw it didn't contain the ultras. I thought SVS was doing a no-holds-barred shot at the title. Gut wrenching bass. Strange how the look of a driver can turn you off a bit. Have you ever seen specs on either the Ultra or the TC-Sounds drivers? Would be interesting to compare to the tumult.

DustinB - Have you drawn up some plans yet for a tumult version of the B4 or PB2? They would be tempting to build. 9.gif