Some pics

I borrowed a digital camera from a buddy of mine so I thought I would post some pics.

The pics of my heresy's didn't turn out too well so I'm gonna wait until I can get better ones before I post pics of them.

In the meantime here is a pic of one of my JBL L46 speakers.

I wasn't too sure of the quality settings on the digital camera, something that I never have trouble with on my old fully manual pentax spotmatic.

Unfortunately I left the Pentax at home last week when I was on spring break8.gif

Peace, Josh

post-10623-13819247186102_thumb.jpg

Just another pic of the L46, which by the way has much deeper low end then the heresy.

Not as clean on the low end but definetely(imo) better for reggae and other such bass happy music.

However these are certainly lacking the midrange of the horn speakers.

Peace, Josh

post-10623-13819247187622_thumb.jpg

Moon,

They sound pretty good, as his were free. I recently had someone give me a pair of the L56 model, which has a 10 and a tweet. The L46 has an 8 in. woofer. These are older model JBLs, like early 80s. They have real walnut veneer on them and not vinyl junk. I have a pair of their studio monitors from 1972 (about $329 each at the time-list), the 4311, which is a three way (12 in. woofer, etc). The 4311 had a consumer brother which was the L100. These are all only about 89-90 db efficient. JBL still sells the 4312 in Japan. Mine even got used by Styxx to mix one of their albums on. They needed them for reference as the studio they were at were using some EV setup and they weren't used to them.

Invidiosulus,

I wondered why you left the camera at home. Saw it after you had left.

I think the mids on the L46 would clear up at higher volumes. I noticed that the L56 model is rated at 150 watts continuous, where the 4311s are only menat to be driven by around 50 watts. Maybe if I cranks them up the mids will start to come through.

BTW, we think the earthquake cracked the foundation a little bit. Not enough to cause other damage. Sure did rumble through here though.

Haven't decided what to do with the Knight yet. I have schematics for a simple EL84 amp, with a 12AX7 front end. It would have less than half the parts of the Knight.

Marvel

The earthquake marvel was referring to must have been the one in alabama.

It looks like it was fairly close since he is in north georgia.

If only it had happened while i was home on spring break14.gif14.gif JK

I hope the foundation is gonna be alright.

I think I'll talk about cats now2.gif .

Did the earthquake scare my baby kitty?

Ok, back to speakers now.

The L46 do have an ok midrange just not the same as the heresy

The sensitivity on the L46 is about 86dB if I remember right and the power handling is 100 watts.

Peace, Josh

Hi Kain,

I use a yamaha HTR-5540 reciever.

Currently the JBL's are the surrounds in my HT system.

Klipsch Heresy for the mains and a ksc-c1 for the center.

Timbre matching14.gif not exactly.

But it's what I've got.

Peace, Josh

P4192228.jpg

Your L46's are very similar to my old 1983 JBL L112 Century II monitors. Handle 300 watts easy, and the bass is pretty deep for a 12" woofer. My younger brother uses them now, wired in parallel to his center channel on his harman/kardon AVR-55 AV receiver. Very impressive, and remarkably blend well with his Magnepan MGLR1 mains.

post-11084-13819247190832_thumb.jpg