Help wanted

bullsprig

I have a puny(for the time being) system consisting of a pair of La Scalas,a pair of kg2's and an old Realistic 18 watt ss receiver. It has worked adequately for my tin ear but today I hooked the kg2's up as "B" with My La's as "A" and when I turned it on my system played about 5 seconds and muted. If I switch to either Aor B it remains muted until I turn it off and turn it back on. If I turn on either A or b it is fine. I am obviously not as knowledgable as most others on the board .Your help would be appreciated. Thanks! 12.gif

----------------

On 5/21/2003 9:16:05 PM bullsprig wrote:

If I switch to either A or B it remains muted until I turn it off and turn it back on. If I turn on either A or b it is fine.

----------------

Could you be clearer please? You've contradicted yourself.

How was it hooked up originally? What have you changed?

Tony

Yeah, you are simply putting to much of a load on your little amp by running two pairs of speakers at the same time. If you wanted to use both speakers together like that, you'll have to get a better amp that can handle that kind of a load.

----------------

On 5/21/2003 10:02:24 PM bullsprig wrote:

By the way I have read of you system several times while lurking and it makes me very envious of all those 'horns and tubes but my time is coming.

----------------

You already got a pretty darn good start with those LaScalas. The LaScala is a very well regarded speaker on this forum. In fact, I would not mind eventually getting myself a pair and a tube set for amplification. BTW, what year or how long have you had those LaScalas?

83 models picked 'em up last year. They are perfect but still have al3's. Started with a buddies Speakerlab "K's" about 20 years ago.Want real ones now but didn't have room til I built a new house. Then I built a 26x28 room that was to be a garage but is now a studio. Still need another garage!!!