Looking for Vibrapods

dodger

I love vibrapods. I have dozens, under everything. online they are available at www.audioadvisor.com for one...do a google search to find other suppliers (probably cheaper)...for isolation you will get hundreds of options from b-boarders. vibrapods are easy to use and work. tony

I've been seeing these pop up every once and awhile in reviews online... I have never tried them, but based on the theory they should help components affected by vibrations such as turntables and CD transports. Some of the reviews do seem a little over-the-top sometimes. Their web page is:

http://www.vibrapod.com/ and they sell for 6$US each

I have seen them available locally (Canada) for about 10$cnd each:

http://www.ozenterprises.net/products/accessories/misc.html

Rob.

I've got them on my amp, turntable, preamp, cd/dvd player and eq. They do allow your set up to produce more gentle sensitive treble and are easy to install. You do have to know the weight of each piece of equipment to get the right one though. You may even have a piece like I do where one side of a unit is heavier than another, or from front to back. You can stagger different pods on the same unit accordingly with different weight ratings also.

I wouldn't spend too much time looking for a good deal on them. Just about everywhere I've seen they're $5.95 to $6 each with no real break on bulk deals.

Vibrapods (see their website) were originally developed for the astronomy industry to help telescopes settle more quickly - the tripod legs were placed on the vibrapods, and the settling time was reduced from around 4.5 seconds to less than 1 second in some tests run by Sky and Telescope.

They are an inexpensive, scientifically sound, solidly engineered product that does exactly what it's supposed to do.

...like so many other tweaks in this industry... 2.gif

Ray