Appreciation

dodger

Greetings:

This may be known by most. However, I have found the members of this Forum to be extremely pleasant, helpful and non judgemental.

I have asked a number of questions and on one occasion, vented. No-one has been anything but helpful or as I said, pleasant. I realize we all share a common ground in our owership of Klipsch Speakers, but it is quite refreshing that people accept you and make you feel accepted.

For all of that, I thank you.

Win "dodger"1.gif

Right on! I came here by way of the Audio Asylum. The points you make are the reason I stayed! I don't post as much as I'd like, but this forum is (usually) a model example of what a BB should be.

OK everyone... group hug...

Seriously, this and the Home Theater Spot are my favorites for solid and varied opinions, discussed (for the most part) with civility. The only exceptions seem to be when A) opposing sides of the "cables debate" go at it, and B) someone asks what is wrong with Bose speakers.

I am beginning to realize that (for me, at any rate) these forums are the only place to share the enthusiasm I have for audio and home theater, and to derive useful information in pursuit of said enthusiasm. Most of my friends and relatives like the sights and sounds of my system, but could not care less how flat my subwoofer's frequency response is down to 20 Hz, or how my DVD player is devoid of the "chroma bug".

A hearty thanks and acknowledgement to all my audio\video friends on this forum....

----------------

On 5/22/2003 5:41:14 PM chuckears wrote:

OK everyone... group hug...

Seriously, this and the Home Theater Spot are my favorites for solid and varied opinions, discussed (for the most part) with civility. The only exceptions seem to be when A) opposing sides of the "cables debate" go at it, and
B)
someone asks what is wrong with Bose speakers.

----------------

Could I also add - C) someone comes on here saying the (pick brand) speakers that he/she just bought "blows away Klipsch", and then gets into a big hissy fit and calls everyone "losers" and "uneducated" when others counter thier opinion.

Yeah, there is the occasional pothole in the road, but this is by far one of the best forums I have visited on the internet, seconded only by the FredTalk forums (the local Fredericksburg, VA forum - plus the local forum as the added benefit that we actually meet on certain nights at some local gin-joint) that I also frequent as well as the newsgroups rec.roller-coaster and rec.ski.alpine

I am certain that there are others (such as the aformentioned Home Theater Spot - which I have cruised through once or twice just to check things out), but those are the ones I mostly frequent (post and lurking)

Yes, I have always enjoyed coming to this forum. I certainly have learned alot (such as just today that there seems to be a new set of the small Quintet style speakers that Klipsch is brewing up). It is also alot of fun to give back to the forum.