How do the horn loaded Wharfedale speakers sound?

Vital

Actually asking how Wharfedale or Tannoy horns sound is like asking how do Klipsch speakers sound.

At worst speakers from those companies are as good or better than anything in their price range(s). Like Klipsch they have offerings at most price points.

FWIW my experience is that overall they tend to be laid-back (kindasorta "neutral"), but their more expensive horn loaded offerings are something else again.

My Klipschorns need fear only 2 competitors - The Klipsch Jubilee - or the Churchill !

Their upper end offerings have historically been folded horns and damned good ones at that. Some Tannoy folded horns routinely bring several times the price of Khorns on Ebay - and some would say quite rightly so !

They do not realistically warrant that sort of premium but they are as mentioned above exceptional to say the least.

These are a joke

The real deal horns come from Klipsch,Tannoy and JBL for the most part.Westlake,TAD and Zingali are PRO audio and quite costly.And forgive my poor memory,Altec is one of the legends in horns too.

Klipsch makes the elast expensive worthy horn loaded and part horn loaded speakers.If I had the room I would get the giant Zingali Butterfly .3S 104dB 1W/1M with seven 15" woofer you have to feel each bass note(seven per side!).