The subtle upgrades are always the most fun...

Yeah - I thought I was doing pretty well with my Monster XP speaker wire - on a whim, however, I picked up a 10-foot pair of Original Monster (with the pin ends) at work yesterday.

Hooked it up today - I must confess, the description on the back of the package nailed it:

- Better bottom end

- smoother highs (and on my JBL's, this is crucial, as they are very sharp)

- increased detail

I'm thoroughly impressed. Best $20 I've ever invested in my system.

"I'm not using it because it's green inside the insulation. Wonder what it sounds like?"

A more lush presentation with the green effect,bass is more ecological now.Midrange has the moldy taste now and the upper end is more relaxed thanks to the state of the conductors.

I say leave your cable in a humid cave and wait 10-15 years.Then listen

"I've got 2 pieces of Original Monster Cable laying about! I bought it in college 20+ years ago. I'm not using it because it's green inside the insulation. Wonder what it sounds like?"

I had some that I brough in the mid 80's, it turned green, Contacted Monster Cable and they replaced it free of charge, I just had to pay shipping cost of the old green wire to them, sent in 2 15 ft pieces and received back 1 35 ft piece.