Die Another Day DVD - Awesome in Dolby 6.1

Frzninvt

Watched the new bond flick last night "Die Another Day" it was encoded in Dolby 6.1. It was the first time that I had seen that flash on my Denon's display screen. Needless to say it was mixed incredibly well and the special effects and action sequences were killer. I forgot the Denon had different channel level settings for different sources so I needed to do a little tweaking since the levels were set prior to me adding the Khorns, La Scala's, and Velodyne Subwoofer. The movie got a little ridiculous in places but had decent entertainment value, plus Halle Berry in a bikini, Hubba, Hubba. The Madonna song sequence graphics are indeed impressive. My HT just continues to amaze me sometimes, I cleaned the guns, screen and mirror and adjusted the convergence on my RPTV this past weekend and man was the picture crystal clear. Try it and enjoy!

I picked it up yesterday too, can't wait to watch it. I also got the animatrix dvd it was awesome. I think thats my new demo dvd now. There were a couple of shorts in there that used the surround speakers really well. If you guys haven't seen it I highly recommend

----------------

On 6/4/2003 8:03:54 AM Frzninvt wrote:

plus Halle Berry in a bikini, Hubba, Hubba.

----------------

I heard it on the radio, but I can't remember what movie it is in, but apparently she shows off her boobies. Anyone know what movie that was?

m00n,

Not that I would know, but you could check out two movies for some nice shots of the above mentioned.

Swordfish

Monster's ball

One that isn't so impressive is, but does have a very small amount.

Introducing Dorothy Dandrige

----------------

On 6/4/2003 8:03:54 AM Frzninvt wrote:

My HT just continues to amaze me sometimes, I cleaned the guns, screen and mirror and adjusted the convergence on my RPTV this past weekend and man was the picture crystal clear. Try it and enjoy!

----------------

Hey Frzninvt,

I am thinking about buying a rear-projection tv. How do you clean the guns ? I know some sets have auto-convergence, but if you know of a way to do it manually, would you please post it or send me a PM ?

If I can do it myself, I don't want to be spending another 500 or so for extended service and warranty ! 9.gif

Thanks in advance.

The convergence adjustment is electronic (Sony calls it Flash Focus), I had to remove the entire front portion of the TV to get to the mirror and guns to clean them. I had cobwebs in there and they were reflecting shadows onto the screen during light screen backgrounds, very annoying. I bought a 2-year service contract with the TV from Sears since I did not want to have to haul the thing down to them for servicing. It was fairly cheap actually and it included two free PM's. The guy that came and cleaned it really just did a half *** job, they just remove a piece of peg board off the back and dust it out with a can of compressed air. I did a much more thorough job, the mirror had a haze on it so I had to go over it a couple of times to get it nice and spotless. I use a clean dry 100% cotton cloth to clean it, and used a fresh one to clean the lenses on the guns themselves. I feed signals to it via component inputs from the DVD and Direct TV Digital receiver and the picture is really sharp now. It really was not that difficult to do, it took me about half an hour.

Thanks for the information ! The service guys make it sound that it is waaay too complex and I shouldn't be doing it on my own (and throw in the scare that if I open the tv, the warranty will be void, and such...).

How do you like your Sony ? Did you compare it with other brands like Hitachi, Toshiba, Mitsubishi, Pioneer etc. ? How did your comparisons go ?