scratched cd

That is what I should have done. My car cd player had started to scratch cds, I didn't noticed intill they started to skip. I have had the player replaced. The one I want back badly is the disc 1 of the Wall. I had read somwhere that toothpaste works good put didn't want to wreck it more.

OK I tried toothpast. Colgate and it work. I put a drip on each big scratch let it sit a little and buffed out. I went from center stright out with a cloth for glasses. It left a film that I was able to get off with a little elbow greese. I am in the market for a good kit though I have a couple of DVDs that my son has messed up pretty good.

----------------

On 6/10/2003 5:49:47 PM easylistener wrote:

It left a film that I was able to get off with a little elbow greese.

----------------

Just rinse it off with water, & let it air dry.

I don't recommend this one, but I had heard of people boiling them to clean them. So I grabbed a few older CD's that I no longer wanted & boiled them. It did not clean them, but they still played fine.

Now just for fun.... the best show is a CD in the microwave, label side down. However, let me be very clear on this.... NO MORE THAN 3 SECONDS !!!!

In that 3 seconds, you will get a really cool light show. 4 seconds will stink out the oven for a few days. 5 seconds will do the kitchen... etc. and the CD will be DESTROYED!!!

I use a regular drinking glass... here is what i do:

I place the scratched CD on a flat horizontal surface, then i place a regular drinking glass filled with a beverage of choice over it. Personnaly i like Rum based mix, but i don't think it makes a big difference. I then take out another CD without any scratches on it and put it in my player.

It works very well... I get music and protect my horizontal surface from any blemishes. 9.gif11.gif9.gif

having fun...

Rob