QUICK VOTE which to BUY : DENON 4802 or HK 7200 ?

legend9

I've decided to buy a higher end receiver than to go with separates, simply because I do not have that much money right now. Can I get a quick vote on which receiver is better ( controversial question, i know...) in terms of quality and power and overall. My current is DENON 3802. Music 80 % , movie 20%. Rf3IIs. Much thanks guys.

The big H/K would cover your needs better,if music will take 80% and HT 20% a definite vote for the H/K.

And remember I have a 3802 and had a 5800.If you asked and told me it was 80% HT then I would clearly pointed to the 48XX series Denon.

The 8000 is the older model and has had a few quality issues,the 7200 I have not tried but looks like the best offering of the two imho. Search for these two model #'s audioreview.com or any audio sites you visit.

Legend, you need to fix your signature as it's jacking up your threads and posts.

Secondly, I just purchased the 7200. A very nice unit indeed. Lots of power and is incredibly smooth. I have yet to experiment with all the settings.

go with the hk when i went auditioning i auditioned all the way up to the 5803. at the time i had the 5803, my old rotel set up, and my new b&k avr 507 going head to head. although the 5803 had more features it lacked sound, dynamics, head room, clarity, the rotel was better, and the b&k better yet. but it is really a choice you should try to make doing head to head comparisons, your ears know what you like, my b&k is called analytical, rotel laid back, i like hearing every little nuance of the presentation, and when it is time for explosions, i like them to explode. this is analytical, yeah baby12.gif

Just an update :

I will be buying the HARMON KARDON 7200. Thanks for all the inputs. I've decided to give hk a try since so many people had good experiences with them. I also belive HK is better for music than DENON, according to a fellow Klipsch's advice. Now the only thing left is deciding where to buy it and what price range should I expect it to be around. So far, a lot of unathorized dealers are offering them at 1200ish. I had bought many many electronics from unauthorized dealers in the past, and never had a single problem. So I don't know what I should do. Well thanks.

----------------

On 6/17/2003 2:20:11 PM legend9 wrote:

Just an update :

I will be buying the HARMON KARDON 7200.

----------------

Whoo Hooo! Rock on my H/K brotha. Just got my 7200 about a week ago. The more I listen to it, the more I like it. I still have not played with everything yet. But, i can tell you it is a VERY SMOOTH receiver. Pleanty-O-Power. But then my H/K 520 that I just sold to antagon did too.

I bought it from a guy who hangs out in the avsforum and hometheater forum. Guess he ran across some financial issues and was telling everyone he had to sell his entire setup. Sold me the unit for $950.00 + $60.00 for shipping for a total of $1010.00 I was happy! He only had it for a couple of weeks before selling it to me. Have not had any issues with it yet.

Go to www.onecall.com they scan the internet daily for the best price and I think at least match the price. Also I belive they are an authorized dealer.

Damn, here click on this link. OneCall has them for 1176.42 right now.