OK, WHAT DO YOU THINK THE DEAL IS WITH THIS KLIPSCH PA ON E-BAY?

iwillwalk

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2539299927&category=23794

I know this has been on another topic, but I have a way to get it and a club to put it in (that really needs it).

What I am wanting to know is worse case scenario all the cabinets are empty or woofers and teeters and horns are all blown, what am I am looking at to get it up and running? Also do you think it is a complete PA left and right, by looking at the photograph?

I emailed the person with the auction and has not replied yet, please let me know? Any opinions? Because it would really be nice to have a club with a KLIPSCH PA

The bass bins are about the same length as a mini van, you must have a huge living room!

If i were to win this, for home use, i dont see how, id use 2 good bass bins, 2 upper horn, and the tweeters if they are there, i dont see them!

These need lots of work, and driver replacements, wouldnt be a bad deal, all in all, where to place it, to restore it is the question!

The MCM are 5 Klipschorns per side, 1,100Lbs per side!

Crazy isnt it Regards Jim

9.gif

----------------

On 6/21/2003 1:38:19 PM Jim Cornell wrote:

and the tweeters if they are there, i dont see them!

These need lots of work, and driver replacements, wouldnt be a bad deal, all in all, where to place it, to restore it is the question!

----------------

Aren't the tweeters on the left side of the image and sitting on a vertically placed mid cabinet?

Yes they apparently need lots of work but I bet not as much as we think. The seller says most of the drivers are still intact. Worst case scenario they need diaphragms only?

Anyway it would be really cool to have these as my fronts and my La Scalas as my rear surrounds. Real home theater! lol

I have a friend that had a pair of Altec VOT model 816s that sounded great in his living room. I still remember listening to Lou Reed the first time I heard them.

Tony B.

----------------

On 6/21/2003 1:26:15 PM Tony Boone wrote:

I was hoping to win the bidding war on that and put it in my living room.

Are you the one that bid $100?

Tony B.

----------------

I did. If you want to go higher, be my guest. I've got a couple hundred I'll have to tie up in transport costs (renting a U-haul and driving to Indy) so I'm not willing to gamble but so much money.

----------------

On 6/21/2003 5:46:52 PM Griffinator wrote:

I did. If you want to go higher, be my guest. I've got a couple hundred I'll have to tie up in transport costs (renting a U-haul and driving to Indy) so I'm not willing to gamble but so much money.

----------------

I have several hundred set aside for this auction. Will also have to rent a uhaul myself. That's the biggest challenge for me.

No wife so that's not a problem. Will be interesting to see how this one comes out. They would sound so good in my living room.

Tony B.

Has anyone got this guy's e-mail addy?

I see a pair of EV Senry III/IV horns in some sort of ho-made box.

One EAW MR102.

Can't tell how many bass bins, water marked, and skid marks up the yazoo.

I see what might be five mid horns, only two have Klipsch logos I can see. Do they have Gauss or Atlas?

No HF at all is visible.

No sub-squawkers are visible.

Bunch of junk until proven otherwise.

----------------

On 6/22/2003 12:25:20 AM djk wrote:

Has anyone got this guy's e-mail addy?

I see a pair of EV Senry III/IV horns in some sort of ho-made box.

One EAW MR102.

Can't tell how many bass bins, water marked, and skid marks up the yazoo.

I see what might be five mid horns, only two have Klipsch logos I can see. Do they have Gauss or Atlas?

No HF at all is visible.

No sub-squawkers are visible.

Bunch of junk until proven otherwise.

----------------

The mid horns and the bass bins are the biggest reason I want to buy the lot. We've already got stout tweeter boxes (CGM's) and a strong powered sub (Yorkville dual 10" 500W) - but we need to fill the rest of the frequency spectrum.