here you go JIM CORNELL

marksdad

well i am still in the middle of running these black beauties through thier paces, but here goes jim......... to begin with at first i thought i had been had, or at least been led down the wrong trail, you see i am used to the full bomb blasting impact of cornwalls, at first i thought i was missing bass, lfe, but i did notice everything seemed so much more open, airy? very smooth more defined presentation, i now have to play all music and ht -5 db lower, so so far i notice again the step up in my listening pleasure has gone more in the direction of the rolls royce just more refinement. i know that the seemingly clearer presentation comes as a result of the higher location of the tweet's and squaker's, the bass is more controlled and tight, akin to my lascalla, i will admit however that it is taking some getting used to, because i do miss those darn cornwalls, i think if you enjoy metal, rock the corns are better for you, but the khorns go well with everything, just not as in your face, i also notice the soundstage seems almost invisible, real, large, you can almost feel the headroom in your system, it is really difficult to describe the advantages present in the khorn, but believe me they are there, i am listening to framptoms camel as i write, and it is a real pleasure to re-discover this old gem12.gif

----------------

On 6/22/2003 9:26:56 AM marksdad wrote:

i think if you enjoy metal, rock the corns are better for you, but the khorns go well with everything, just not as in your face,

----------------

marksdad,

I know
exactly
where you are coming from with that statement.

I owned my Cornwalls for 2 years before my Klipschorn purchase and had plenty of time to listen to them.

I made that same statement (almost to a tee) a year ago when I had them both in the same room.I actually almost sold the K-horns and kept the Corns but after some long listening sessions with each the Klipschorns were just in a league of their own-much smoother all around and after getting used to their bass the Cornwalls almost sound "muddy".

Quite a testament to the Cornwalls though.

Jeff

I had run KLF30's for a couple of years before getting horny and at first it seemed to me that the horns were a little light in the bass but after living with them for a couple of months I can honestly say I have never experienced a more seamless presentation from any speaker. If there is a single word that sums up the Khorn sound I would have to say that that word is integrated.Furthermore the bass is the smoothest and most natural/real I have ever heard.

The 30's are tremendous but the Khorns are quite simply in a class by themselves. There are times when they take my breath away with their delicacy and other times they slap me half-way into next week with the power of their bass/midbass response.

Dynamics ?? PWK redefined the word

you are so right lynnm, jcturbot, as i listen i find nuances, delicasies, openess, seamless soundstage, power, i am still learning to appreciate these khorns, but bit by bit they are starting to kind of present themselfs to me, as you said turbo, at first i was disappointed, so much so that i had to go get a little gang banga music just to hear the bass, the next day, as i listened to familiar music i sad to myself, never heard that before?, and wow that went deep (dont miss the ksw 12) bit by bit i was recognizing the subtlties of the khorns, bit by bit i was seeing the differences, at times i closed my eyes tightly, at times i sighed, all over music? ( you are so right lynnm)i know i am in my infancy with these new speaks, but my dear sweet lord i do love my cornerhorns, they are beautiful, and they speak so well. and who knows? i may just change the statement about rock and metal as well, anyway, thank you jim cornell for taking care of my babies for me, and all of you here at the bb's for leading the way home, it has been at times rocky, and expensive, but at all times a learning experience, and my son has benefited greatly as well, i wish i had something profound to say here, because i am genuinly estatic with my system now. someone asked in an earlier thread "are you happy with your system?" YES12.gif

Mark i must say i went thru it too!

Im ganna take great care of your Cornwalls, as you can see i took great care, and upgraded the cabinets on those, my passion for Klipsch, is so strong it hurts!

I did the same thing also when i traded 4 cornwalls for 4 chorus!

That was a shock to me as well!

Listen Mark, later on you can still upgrade those crossovers, i can make them a lot better?

If you want let me know ok!

The Klipschorns are in a league of their own, there is no comparison, to the dynamics, all around!

An open front firing 15 is more punchy i admit, but the k-horns have the smooth, non distroted sound!

Aslo the k-horns bring out low end most never know is there!

Also, the open front firing 15 produces voice, low end, that the k-horns will not due to the horn loaded bass!

Remember also Mark, that place is very small for k-horns, ok!

Ive noticed that when i was there!

It made fell feel bad, when you stated you got had, thats something i wasnt expecting to hear!

Best Regards Jim

9.gif